Zum Inhalt springen
Soundtrack Board

FSM veröffentlicht John Williams NOT MY WIFE, YOU DON'T (Vol. 2 - Original Soundtrack)

Teilen

Empfohlene Beiträge

Unverhofft kommt oft. Damit hätte wohl niemand gerechnet, besonderst weil das LP programm schon erhältlich ist:

http://www.screenarc...YOU-DONT-VOL-2/

Not With My Wife, You Don’t! (1966) was one of a series of sex comedies John Williams scored in the mid ’60s (during his “Johnny” period). A delightful screwball comedy starring George C. Scott and Tony Curtis as rivals for the affection of Italian beauty Virna Lisa, the film was produced and directed by Norman Frank (whose previous credits included Danny Kaye’s The Court Jester and two Bob Hope “Road” films). Co-author Larry Gelbart brought to the screenplay the same mordant wit he would later display in Tootsie and M*A*S*H, and the unlikely pairing of Scott and Curtis generated surprising comedic chemistry.

As was common with Williams’s projects of the period, the score is bursting with catchy tunes. Much of the music is based on two of the three songs he composed for the film with legendary songwriter Johnny Mercer. “Big Beautiful Ball” is a bouncy jazz waltz, and “My Inamorata” is used extensively throughout the score as a love theme. Elsewhere, the music demonstrates the same deft comic touch (encompassing patriotic parody, ethnic strains, and even an operatic spoof) that served the composer so well in Home Alone and countless other films.

FSM reissued the LP re-recording of Not With My Wife, You Don’t! in March 2006. The album program offered a unique and delightful listening experience in its own right, but this CD offers the premiere release of the nearly-complete original film tracks, derived from the original ½″ three-track scoring masters.

Numerous film stills decorate the 16-page booklet, surrounding an essay on film and score by FSM’s “resident Williams authority,” Jeff Eldridge. Not With My Wife, You Don’t! overflows with wit and the contemporary sensibility of film-scoring’s most celebrated maestro. Even fans with Vol. 1 already in their collection will need to buy this sequel because, like Virna Lisa’s character in the film, they will want “two of everything.” One can never have too much John Williams.

Dein Kommentar

Du kannst jetzt schreiben und Dich später registrieren. Wenn Du ein Konto hast, melde Dich jetzt an, um unter Deinem Benutzernamen zu schreiben.

Gast
Auf dieses Thema antworten...

×   Du hast formatierten Text eingefügt.   Formatierung jetzt entfernen

Nur 75 Emojis sind erlaubt.

×   Dein Link wurde automatisch eingebettet.   Einbetten rückgängig machen und als Link darstellen

×   Dein vorheriger Inhalt wurde wiederhergestellt.   Editor leeren

×   Du kannst Bilder nicht direkt einfügen. Lade Bilder hoch oder lade sie von einer URL.

Teilen

• Neu erstellen...

Wichtige Information

Wir nutzen auf unserer Webseite Cookies, um Ihnen einen optimalen Service zu bieten. Wenn Sie weiter auf unserer Seite surfen, stimmen Sie der Cookie-Verwendung und der Verarbeitung von personenbezogenen Daten über Formulare zu. Zu unserer Datenschutzerklärung: Datenschutzerklärung