Zum Inhalt springen
Soundtrack Board

Perseverance: "Freeing the Waters" (Hertzog) und "An Homage to the 80´s"

Empfohlene Beiträge

Perseverance hat zwei neue Titel im Angebot, die sie allerdings nicht selbst produziert haben. Der eine ist das Album "Freeing the Waters" von Paul Hertzog (Bloodsport, Kickboxer), den es schon länger regulär zu kaufen gibt, der andere "An Homage to the 80´s" von den mir unbekannten Silentsphere Studios. Beides keine Filmmusik. "Freeing the Waters" habe ich mir bereits letztes Jahr gekauft, eine nette Ergänzung zu Hertzogs "Bloodsport" und "Kickboxer", aber nichts Essentielles, weshalb es hier auch bestimmt keinen interessieren wird, aber der Vollständigkeit halber sei es erwähnt. ;)

August 27, 2011

Two New Synthesizer Albums

The first one of these two CDs (both not on Perseverance Records) is the new album by Kickboxer and Bloodsport composer Paul Hertzog. And it's terrific!

The second is also an instrumental album, featuring music inspired by the classic 80's synth scores of the likes of Harold Faltermeyer, Tangerine Dream, Giorgio Moroder and John Carpenter.

We offer both albums at the incredibly low price of $11.95 each. Both titles are limited editions.

ftwcdcover.jpg

The new album from the composer of Kickboxer and Bloodsport.

From the liner notes: "The first of these songs to be written, 'Freeing the Waters,' was composed in 1987, right after I finished scoring Bloodsport. The final song written, 'Sue Across the Sea,' was composed in 1991, just before I left the film and music businesses to 'disappear off the face of the planet.' I started the project as a way to keep myself occupied between jobs. I fully expected when I started that some of these ideas would find themselves in films some day. But such was not to be.

Since 1991, these tunes have existed in a sort of virtual half-life as nothing more than midi data. A couple of years ago, I finally acquired the technology to record at home myself, and at last this music is recorded and available. When possible, I have retained the sounds that I used when composing, but I have updated some sounds with modern digital samples: the piano, snare, toms, some (but not all) of the orchestral instruments. I am amazed that my primitive gear holds its own against the modern stuff.

Because this music was written during those few tears of my career as a film composer, I hope that fans of my film music will discover this collection for a sample of possible film score material that never made its way into a film.

Limited Edition of 1000 units. The first 100 CDs will be autographed by the composer.

1. The Violet Hour 2:46

2. April Fool´s Day 5:48

3. Walk On Wide Water 5:02

4. A Wicked Plot 3:51

5. Kyoto Forest 5:49

6. Sue Across The Sea 5:29

7. Black Pearls 6:12

8. Love In A Labyrinth 6:35

9. Freeing The Waters 4:26

yhst9599133720534321735.jpg

If you like classic Eighties synthesizer scores from the likes of Harold Faltermeyer, Tangerine Dream and John Carpenter, this CD is for you! Produced and released by the German band Silentsphere Studios, this album features over 45 minutes of vintage synth music. In fact, it's so good that we just couldn't resist putting it into our store. It's not a film score, but rather the soundtrack to an imaginary movie that can play in your mind while you are listening to the very catchy themes.

This is a studio-produced CDR.

01 Good to Go 3:12

02 Disillusioned 2:18

03 Gather Your Spirit 3:16

04 Military Actions 1:59

05 Results of a War 3:13

06 Calm Down 1:42

07 Making Preparations 3:53

08 Resurrection of a Being 3:56

09 They are Coming 3:52

10 Fear of the Fog 3:44

11 Foul Flesh 4:10

12 Through the Darkness 2:30

13 Smell of Death 2:13

14 End of the Dead 2:53

15 Church (Bonus Track) 3:58

Dein Kommentar

Du kannst jetzt schreiben und Dich später registrieren. Wenn Du ein Konto hast, melde Dich jetzt an, um unter Deinem Benutzernamen zu schreiben.

Gast
Auf dieses Thema antworten...

×   Du hast formatierten Text eingefügt.   Formatierung jetzt entfernen

Nur 75 Emojis sind erlaubt.

×   Dein Link wurde automatisch eingebettet.   Einbetten rückgängig machen und als Link darstellen

×   Dein vorheriger Inhalt wurde wiederhergestellt.   Editor leeren

×   Du kannst Bilder nicht direkt einfügen. Lade Bilder hoch oder lade sie von einer URL.

Teilen

• Neu erstellen...

Wichtige Information

Wir nutzen auf unserer Webseite Cookies, um Ihnen einen optimalen Service zu bieten. Wenn Sie weiter auf unserer Seite surfen, stimmen Sie der Cookie-Verwendung und der Verarbeitung von personenbezogenen Daten über Formulare zu. Zu unserer Datenschutzerklärung: Datenschutzerklärung