THE CAPE -- 2 Disc set

Music by Bear McCreary

LLLCD 1186

Limited Edition of 2000 units

Retail Price: $19.98

Produced by Bear McCreary

Mastered by Patricia Sullivan at Bernie Grundman Mastering Los Angeles, CA

Art Direction by Mark Banning

La-La Land Records and NBC Universal are proud to announce the release of the short lived 2011 comic book television series THE CAPE. Influenced by the sounds of the late, great Shirley Walker, composer Bear McCreary weaves an action packed extravaganza filled with thrilling themes and a huge sound. The 16 page booklet is filled with comments by Bear and the show's creator, Tom Wheeler.

The first 150 people to purchase THE CAPE soundtrack via the La-La Land Records website will get their copy autographed by composer Bear McCreary.

Noch ein paar mehr Informationen:

THE CAPE SOUNDTRACK TO BE RELEASED BY LA-LA LAND RECORDS

Limited Edition 2CD Set Features Original Music From Composer Bear McCreary

(Los Angeles, CA –September 20, 2011) La-La Land Records will release a limited edition (2000 units) 2CD soundtrack for The Cape, composed by Bear McCreary (The Walking Dead, Battlestar Galactica) on September 27, 2011. The first 100 people to purchase the album from www.lalalandrecords.com will receive their copy autographed by McCreary.

“Superheroes in the media today often come shaded in irony,” described McCreary. “In my first meeting with creator/executive producer Tom Wheeler and writer/producer John Wirth, I realized they were ready to cast aside that gritty modern aesthetic and embrace classical superhero storytelling. The Cape would be a series with masked villains, circus freaks, mystical powers, and a central story of redemption, revenge and the bond of fatherhood. These concepts fired my musical imagination and I suggested a similarly classical approach.”

Bear McCreary was among a handful of select protégés of late film music legend Elmer Bernstein and is a classically trained composer with degrees in Composition and Recording Arts from the prestigious USC Thornton School of Music. McCreary's unique combination of atypical instrumental background (he is a professional accordionist) with rigorous classical training prepared him to compose in disparate genres.

This versatility is evident in the body of work McCreary has created including last year’s surprise hit The Walking Dead, Human Target (for which McCreary earned his first Emmy nomination), Eureka, the Touchstone Pictures film Step Up 3D, and the SOCOM 4 and Dark Void videogames.

“Bear is much more than just a composer, of course, and his creative impact on The Cape goes way beyond the music he wrote for the series,” explained series Executive Producer John Wirth. “He had a lot of ideas – about the stories, about the look of the show, the main title sequence, everything – and [series creator/Executive Producer] Tom Wheeler and I used many of them. As for his music, I can say, without exaggeration, that the ten episodes of The Cape are my personal favorites among all the episodes of television I’ve been involved in making over the last twenty-five years.”

“Though our ten-episode run on The Cape was an all- too-short collaboration,” said series creator/Executive Producer Tom Wheeler, “Bear’s impact and influence throughout each and every episode is undeniable. Whether it’s a single, haunting chord as Vince Faraday puts on his mask for the first time, or the swelling crescendo as The Cape vanishes before his son’s eyes, or the disorienting, terrifying and oddly beautiful marriage theme for the villainous Lich and his unwilling bride Orwell, The Cape was an absolute showcase for Bear’s genius. He gave the show a pulsing musical heartbeat, a testament to the emotion and enthusiasm he brought to every storyline.”

“The Cape was likely the most challenging series I’ve ever undertaken,” said McCreary. “Nearly every minute of narrative required original score. The stylistic range of the score called for many unique themes with distinct instruments. Each episode had to be written and produced in a week, recorded with one of the largest orchestras on television. For me, The Cape was a rewarding musical journey.”

The Cape was a one-hour drama series that aired on NBC in 2011. The show starred David Lyons (ER) as Vince Faraday, an honest cop on a corrupt police force, who finds himself framed for a series of murders and presumed dead. He is forced into hiding, leaving behind his wife Dana (Jennifer Ferrin, Life on Mars) and son, Trip (Ryan Wynott, Flash Forward). Fueled by a desire to reunite with his family and to battle the criminal forces that have overtaken Palm City, Vince Faraday becomes "The Cape" - his son's favorite comic book superhero - and takes the law into his own hands.

Rounding out the cast was James Frain (The Tudors) as billionaire Peter Fleming, The Cape's nemesis who moonlights as the twisted killer Chess; Keith David (Death at a Funeral) as Max Milani, the ringleader of a circus gang of bank robbers who mentors Vince Faraday and trains him to be The Cape; Summer Glau (Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles) as Orwell, an investigative blogger who wages war on crime and corruption in Palm City; Dorian Missick (Six Degrees) as Marty Voyt, a former police detective and friend to Faraday; Martin Klebba (Pirates of the Caribbean) as Rollo, member and unassuming muscle of the circus gang of bank robbers; and Vinnie Jones (Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels) as Scales, resident thug and cohort of The Cape's nemesis Chess.

“By far the biggest influence on my work for The Cape was the music that Shirley Walker and her remarkable team composed for Batman: The Animated Series,” said McCreary. The Cape, which featured one of the largest orchestras featured on a television series, earning McCreary special recognition by The American Federation of Musicians and The RMA-LA, and was recorded at the Warner Bros. Scoring Stage where Walker recorded. “I will always be grateful she left such an inspiring musical legacy.”

The Cape -- Original Soundtrack (limited edition 2000) will be available from www.lalalandrecords.com and other soundtrack retailers on September 27, 2011. The first 100 people to purchase the soundtrack via the La-La Land Records website will get their copy autographed by composer Bear McCreary.

Es sind aber 150 und nicht 100 Exemplare mit Autogramm. :)

• 1 Monat später...

wirklich toll geworden... 2.38h... da hat man echt was zu hören... fürs TV wirklich unglaublich hohes Niveau... Shirley wäre stolz auf ihn! Unfassbar dass sowas für ne TV Serie überhaupt noch in Auftrag gegeben wird und dann auch noch so gekonnt ist... wenn ich nur schon wieder höre was so für GRIMM etc geschrieben wurde, schauder...

Dein Kommentar

Du kannst jetzt schreiben und Dich später registrieren. Wenn Du ein Konto hast, melde Dich jetzt an, um unter Deinem Benutzernamen zu schreiben.

Gast
Auf dieses Thema antworten...

×   Du hast formatierten Text eingefügt.   Formatierung jetzt entfernen

Nur 75 Emojis sind erlaubt.

×   Dein Link wurde automatisch eingebettet.   Einbetten rückgängig machen und als Link darstellen

×   Dein vorheriger Inhalt wurde wiederhergestellt.   Editor leeren

×   Du kannst Bilder nicht direkt einfügen. Lade Bilder hoch oder lade sie von einer URL.

Teilen

• Neu erstellen...

Wichtige Information

Wir nutzen auf unserer Webseite Cookies, um Ihnen einen optimalen Service zu bieten. Wenn Sie weiter auf unserer Seite surfen, stimmen Sie der Cookie-Verwendung und der Verarbeitung von personenbezogenen Daten über Formulare zu. Zu unserer Datenschutzerklärung: Datenschutzerklärung