Zum Inhalt springen
Soundtrack Board

Intrada: STAR TREK V: THE FINAL FRONTIER (2 Disc) - Jerry Goldsmith und THE POSTMAN ALWAYS RINGS TWICE - Michael Small

Empfohlene Beiträge

2 neue Veröffentlichungen von Intrada. Eine davon ist eine direkte Wiederveröffentlichung des bereits auf La-La Land Records erschienen Albums inkl. neuem Design:

INTRADA Announces:

STAR TREK V: THE FINAL FRONTIER

Composed and Conducted by JERRY GOLDMITH

INTRADA MAF 7119

By popular demand, Intrada has re-issued the expanded edition of Star Trek V: The Final Frontier, featuring Jerry Goldsmith's colorful and exciting score. As a follow on to his masterpiece score to Star Trek: The Motion Picture, this score takes off where his first score left off. While The Motion Picture allowed Goldsmith to establish themes that would become rooted in the Star Trek franchise, that film required a score of atmosphere and awe -- focusing on the mystery, grandeur, and beauty of space. For Star Trek V, high-adventure was the order of the day, requiring a colorful, exciting, action-packed score.

In 2010 La-La Land Records released a long-awaited 2CD expanded edition of Star Trek V: The Final Frontier. Their 5,000-copy limited edition sold out in months. While other expanded Star Trek albums were not limited and remain in print, this rapid sellout created a hole in the catalog, so Intrada has decided to put it back in print. The CD program is identical to the already perfect presentation created by La-La Land Records, although packaging has been updated to fit in with the design of the Star Trek II, III, IV and VI packages.

Star Trek V: The Final Frontier (1989) was the penultimate film to star the original cast of Star Trek. After Leonard Nimoy (Spock) directed the third and fourth entries in the series, Paramount Pictures awarded Star Trek V to William Shatner (Kirk), whose story input resulted in an action-adventure exploring religious fanaticism, the human yearning for God, and the familial nature of Kirk, Spock and McCoy (DeForest Kelley)­with touches of humor inspired by the commercial success of Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home (1986).

INTRADA MAF 7119

Retail Price: $24.99

AVAILABLE NOW

For track listing and sound samples, please visit

http://store.intrada.com/s.nl/it.A/id.7518/.f

INTRADA

Announces:

THE POSTMAN ALWAYS RINGS TWICE

Music Composed and Conducted by MICHAEL SMALL

INTRADA Special Collection Vol. 197

The 1981 Warner Bros. erotic thriller The Postman Always Rings Twice features a score by Michael Small -- a composer whose distinctive sound helped define the music of 1970s thrillers. Yet the composer felt a new approach was necessary for this assignment, finding Postman to be:

“...more than an erotic film, it’s a tragedy. In a way it’s almost like an opera, with clearly defined act breaks. I think The Postman Always Rings Twice was very difficult for me because it involved a style of music that I really never wrote before. I wound up going with instinct and memories of being scarily enchanted by suspense movies as a kid. I found the style by trial and error and finally internalized it. It became fun and natural and I have drawn on this ‘thirties’ feel in unusual, somewhat disguised ways ever since.”

Small’s score is dominated by two main themes: the tense, repetitive “crime” motif and the warm love theme, which has a sad yet pastoral quality that contrasts effectively with the

darkness of the storyline. For this premiere release, Intrada had access to the complete 3-track stereo elements stored in the Warner Bros. vaults.

Starring Jack Nicholson, Jessica Lange, and John Colicos and based on David Mamet’s screenplay, the film begins in the midst of the Depression as a drifter named Frank Chambers arrives at Twin Oaks, a roadside tavern near Los Angeles owned by Greek immigrant Nick Papadakis. Frank turns down Nick’s offer of a job, but changes his mind after getting a look at Cora, Nick’s young and gorgeous wife. Almost immediately, Frank and Cora become lovers and plot to kill Nick, but their attempt to drown him in a bathtub goes awry when a cop drops by at an inopportune moment.

INTRADA Special Collection Vol. 197

Retail Price: $19.99

Available Now

For track listing and sound samples, please visit

http://store.intrada.com/s.nl/it.A/id.7515/.f

Hinsichtlich STAR TREK V hat sich MV Gerhard noch wie folgt geäußert:

Here is the straight dope:

A little while after the cd sold out Lukas came to me and asked if we wanted to reissue the cd. I said no. We told our customers its 5000 units, so that means its 5000 units. He said cool, do you mind if Intrada reissues it? I said no, I don't mind. It makes sense Paramount would want it in print to make a few extra bucks.

A few more months pass and I hear from Sony Music informing me that Intrada wants to reissue Trek V. Sony asks if we want to repress or hand the rights over to Intrada. I said hand them over. I've been there...done that and now it's time to move on.

Not too long after Roger emails me and asks if its cool if they reissue Trek V -- keeping the same master and liner notes, but changing up the artwork. I tell him Warp Speed ahead!

So, Intrada can now press up to 10,000 more units of Trek V (or 5,000...depending on how the AFM Historical Rate applies to this situation). I wish them well and hope it sells.

MV

Finde ich gut. Das verwässert etwas den Markt für die limitierten Editionen und damit die Mondpreise, die derzeit teilweise gehandelt werden. Für die Sammler tut´s mir natürlich leid, aber die Händler kriegen damit ein Argumentationsproblem.

Außerdem ist eine Sammelbestellung zusammen mit Teil 6 viiiiiiel ökonomischer... :D

Die Frequenz der Wiederveröffentlichungen erhöht sich ja mittlerweile enorm... Bald gibt es jedes Jahr eine neue VÖ zu den großen Fan-Favorites. Mal sehen, vielleicht verkaufe ich die LaLaLand-Edition und beschaffe mir dann die Version von Intrada, deren Cover-Design und allgemeine Aufmachung mir definitiv eher zusagt.

Dein Kommentar

Du kannst jetzt schreiben und Dich später registrieren. Wenn Du ein Konto hast, melde Dich jetzt an, um unter Deinem Benutzernamen zu schreiben.

Gast
Auf dieses Thema antworten...

×   Du hast formatierten Text eingefügt.   Formatierung jetzt entfernen

Nur 75 Emojis sind erlaubt.

×   Dein Link wurde automatisch eingebettet.   Einbetten rückgängig machen und als Link darstellen

×   Dein vorheriger Inhalt wurde wiederhergestellt.   Editor leeren

×   Du kannst Bilder nicht direkt einfügen. Lade Bilder hoch oder lade sie von einer URL.

Teilen

• Neu erstellen...

Wichtige Information

Wir nutzen auf unserer Webseite Cookies, um Ihnen einen optimalen Service zu bieten. Wenn Sie weiter auf unserer Seite surfen, stimmen Sie der Cookie-Verwendung und der Verarbeitung von personenbezogenen Daten über Formulare zu. Zu unserer Datenschutzerklärung: Datenschutzerklärung