Zum Inhalt springen
Soundtrack Board

Normand Corbeil verstorben (1956 - 2013)

horner1980
 Teilen

Empfohlene Beiträge

Gestern wurde bekannt, dass der Filmmusikkomponist Norman Corbeil verstorben ist. Ich selbst kannte ihn leider nicht so recht.. aber es ist immer schade, wenn die Filmmusikwelt eine ihrer Stimmen verliert..

Hier ein sehr guter Artikel über ihn :)

Some sad news has streamed in and hit the video game community. Music has a huge impact on the ears that the medium nestles itself in. Video game music helps tell the story of the game it is composed for. Heavy Rainwas known for being a title that danced on the emotion of the player and David Cage, as well as the team from Quantic Dream, executed this so well.

The composer of the Heavy Rain soundtrack, Normand Corbeil, passed away yesterday at age 56. First spotted on Gaf, it was confirmed on The Cancer Forums by a user, Orly83, who is said to be Corbeil's son, as he posted:

"My father, Normand Corbeil, 56, passed away today at 2:56 PM. He was a great composer and an amazing dad... I am in shock."

His son's signature on the forum reads:

"- Dad, 56, diagnosed with Stage IV Pancreatic Cancer August 15, 2012.
- Dad passed away January 25, 2013 at 2:56 PM."

Corbeil was also working on Quantic Dreams' next title,Beyond Two Souls. He recorded the Heavy Rain soundtrack at Abbey Road Studios. The track listing is as follows:

1."Ethan Mars' Main Theme" 3:312."Norman Jayden's Main Theme" 4:423."Before the Storm" 2:554."Madison Paige's Main Theme" 3:315."Scott Shelby's Main Theme" 6:016."Lauren Winter's Main Theme" 3:077."Painful Memories" 1:298."The Chase" 1:259."Redemption" 1:3910."The Bulldozer" 1:3411."High Tension" 1:1612."The Fight" 1:3113."The Hold Up" 1:2814."Looking for Shaun" 1:3615."Countdown" 1:3316."Last Breath" 2:59

Here is a list of the movies that he has done in his time as a composer:

• 1987 : The Devil four
  • 1989 : Disappear
  • 1990 : Princes in Exile
  • 1991 : The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse
  • 1991 : Penfield
  • 1995 : Kids of the Round Table
  • 1995 : Screamers (Screamers)
  • 1996 : Frankenstein and Me
  • 1996 : Trailers tributes 100 years of cinema
  • 1997 : Twist of Fate
  • 1997 : Never Too Late
  • 1997 : The Dream of Jimmy (The Kid)
  • 1997 : The Assignment (The Assignment)
  • 1997 : The Boys
  • 1998 : Fatal Affair
  • 1998 : A girl with controls (Airspeed)
  • 1998 : Rescue in Wildcat Canyon (Escape from Wildcat Canyon)
  • 1998 : The Boys 2
  • 1999 : Double Play (Double Jeopardy)
  • 2000 : The Art of War (The Art of War)
  • 2000 : Reaper
  • 2001 : Pretty When You Cry
  • 2002 : The Gates of beyond (Living with the Dead) (TV)
  • 2002 : The Extremists (Extreme Ops)
  • 2003 : Great Bear (TV series)
  • 2003 : Lost Junction
  • 2003 : The Pentagon Papers (TV)
  • 2003 : Hitler: the birth of evil (Hitler: The Rise of Evil) (TV)
  • 2003 : Defending Our Kids: The Julie Posey Story (TV)
  • 2003 : Crime against Humanity (The Artist)
  • 2004 : A Different Loyalty
  • 2004 : Napola - Elite für den Führer
  • 2004 : The Five
  • 2004 : Frankenstein (TV)
  • 2005 : Lies My Mother Told Me (TV)
  • 2005 : Human Trafficking (TV)
  • 2006 : The Contract of Bruce Beresford

Here are some quotes from those who have worked with him that can explain his passion best, including words from David Cage, from Corbeil's official website:

“The Marriage of the music and the moving image is perhaps the most powerful form of communication that exists.

I am deeply grateful for Normand’s sensitive and deeply committed contribution to my film.”

Norman Jewison

“The first notes raise the hairs on the back of my neck; Ethan's theme fills the studio, swelling with emotion from the breath of the brass and the stroking of the strings. Ethan is born for the third time, first in the writing, secondly in the image and now in the music. This theme will give colour to Ethan's story.”I wouldn't give up my place for anything in the world.”

David Cage

This saddens our hearts to hear this news and our condolences go out to the family he has left behind. His music will remain with all of us and we know that those who knew him will be stricken with grief - we lend our hearts to you.

Here is his tremendous score from the Heavy Rain soundtrack, titled "Painful Memories".

Normand Corbeil - Painful Memories (Heavy Rain OST)

Quelle: http://www.examiner.com/article/heavy-rain-composer-normand-corbeil-passes-away-at-56

fallece_normand_corbeil_el_compositor_de

Dein Kommentar

Du kannst jetzt schreiben und Dich später registrieren. Wenn Du ein Konto hast, melde Dich jetzt an, um unter Deinem Benutzernamen zu schreiben.

Gast
Auf dieses Thema antworten...

×   Du hast formatierten Text eingefügt.   Formatierung jetzt entfernen

Nur 75 Emojis sind erlaubt.

×   Dein Link wurde automatisch eingebettet.   Einbetten rückgängig machen und als Link darstellen

×   Dein vorheriger Inhalt wurde wiederhergestellt.   Editor leeren

×   Du kannst Bilder nicht direkt einfügen. Lade Bilder hoch oder lade sie von einer URL.

Teilen

• Neu erstellen...

Wichtige Information

Wir nutzen auf unserer Webseite Cookies, um Ihnen einen optimalen Service zu bieten. Wenn Sie weiter auf unserer Seite surfen, stimmen Sie der Cookie-Verwendung und der Verarbeitung von personenbezogenen Daten über Formulare zu. Zu unserer Datenschutzerklärung: Datenschutzerklärung