Zum Inhalt springen
Soundtrack Board

Sony Classical: James Horner - SOUTHPAW

Teilen

Empfohlene Beiträge

Nach "The Equalizer", der nächste Film von Antoine Fuqua:

Harry Gregson-Williams revealed in a recent interview with Film Music Magazine that he is reuniting with director Antoine Fuqua on his next feature Southpaw. The film stars Jake Gyllenhaal, Rachel McAdams, Naomie Harris, Forest Whitaker, Victor Ortiz, Curtis “50 Cent” Jackson and Miguel Gomez. The movie follows a welterweight champion who rises in his profession while his personal life falls apart. Kurt Sutter (Sons of Anarchy) has written the screenplay. Alan Riche (Starsky & HutchFamily ManDeep Blue Sea) and Peter Riche are producing the project with Todd Black & Jason Blumenthal (The Pursuit of HappynessThe Weather ManKnowingThe Taking of Pelham 1 2 3). Gregson-Williams has previously collaborated with Fuqua on 1997’s The Replacement Killers and most recently on The Equalizer starring Denzel Washington, which is set to be released later this month.

• 3 Monate später...

Nicht der Harry macht es, sondern James Horner nun.

The Gorfaine Schwartz Agency, which represents James Horner officialy confirmed that the composer was engaged on Southpaw, the next film by Antoine Fuqua (Training Day, Equalizer)

James Horner had discussed this project with us in our interview (Conversation with James Horner) published in early December:

"I'm starting another film in a world I know nothing about. About a boxer, an American boxer. This is a story of a boxer who is right at the top of his career, then he loses everything, including his daughter. Then he has to get his daughter back, and make his way back… and it's just a movie I've never done before. I thought it would be really challenging again. It'll be really edgy, but it will be very simple. No big orchestras."

Quelle: http://jameshorner-filmmusic.com/james-horner-confirmed-southpaw/

• 4 Monate später...

Kommt von Sony Classical

Sony Classical will release a soundtrack album for the upcoming drama Southpaw. The album features the film’s original score composed by Academy Award winner James Horner (Titanic, Avatar, Braveheart, A Beautiful Mind, Apollo 13). The soundtrack is set to be released in July ahead of the movie’s release. Check back on this page for the full album details. Southpaw is directed by Antoine Fuqua and stars Jake Gyllenhaal, Rachel McAdams, Forest Whitaker, Beau Knapp, Curtis “50 Cent” Jackson, Naomie Harris, Oona Laurence, Rita Ora and Victor Ortiz. The movie tells the story of Billy “The Great” Hope, the reigning Junior Middleweight Champion who falls into a downward spiral when a tragic accident leaves his wife dead. The drama will be released nationwide on July 23 by the Weinstein Company.

Quelle: http://filmmusicreporter.com/2015/05/08/sony-classical-to-release-southpaw-soundtrack/

• 4 Wochen später...

trackliste laut filmmuscreporter

1. The Preparations
2. A More Normal Life
3. A Fatal Tragedy
4. The Funeral, Alone…
5. Suicidal Rampage
6. Empty Showers
7. Dream Crusher
8. A Cry for Help
9. House Auction
10. A Long Road Back
11. Training
12. How Much They Miss Her
13. Hope vs Escobar
14. A Quiet Moment…

• 2 Wochen später...

Hier wird James Horners Musik erwähnt

Mauro Fiore’s cinematography favors a shadowy, black-on-black look that highlights only key parts of faces and the set. The action scenes are pumped up and the emotional time-outs smoothed over softly with James Horner’s score that ranges from moody to rap.

Quelle: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/review/southpaw-film-review-802734?facebook_20150616

Bin schon sehr neugierig auf den Score...

Horner sagte übrigens das dazu:

"It's just a movie I've never done before. I thought it would be really challenging again. It'll be really edgy, but it will be very simple. No big orchestras. The big stuff takes care of itself. The director did a brilliant job, and it's stunning to look at, and well photographed. And there have been a lot of boxing movies obviously, fighting movies, but they're looking for something deeper than just the surface."

und Simon Rhodes meinte:

"It's a little bit unusual I would say. There are atmospheric moments with a simple piano motif and at the other end of the scale it's full out aggression. And then there's everything in between. Lots of colours."

Beides hier gelesen..

zusätzlich zum score wird es auch ein music from and inspired by album geben, welches auch 2 horner stücke enthalten wird

southpaw4-300x300.jpg

1. Cry For Love (Part 1) – James Horner
2. Kings Never Die – Eminem ft. Gwen Stefani
3. Beast (Southpaw Remix) – Rob Bailey & The Hustle Standard ft. Busta Rhymes, Kxng Crooked & Tech N9ne
4. This Corner – Denaun
5. What About The Rest Of Us – Action Bronson & Joey Bada$$ ft. Rico Love
6. Raw – Bad Meets Evil
7. R.N.S. – Slaughterhouse
8. Wicked Games – The Weeknd
9. All I Think About – Bad Meets Evil
10. Drama Never Dies – 50 Cent
11. Mode – Prhyme ft. Logic
12. Notorious Thugs – The Notorious B.I.G. ft. Bone Thus N Harmony
13. Phenomenal – Eminem
14. Cry For Love (Part 2) – James Horner

Hier kann man sich einen der "Songs" anhören.

Meine Meinung: Lärmbelästigung.

http://www.bustle.com/articles/94815-kings-never-die-lyrics-are-eminem-and-gwen-stefanis-southpaw-tribute-to-immortality

Klingt gut... aber ich mag ja auch den Sound von Enimen.

Dein Kommentar

Du kannst jetzt schreiben und Dich später registrieren. Wenn Du ein Konto hast, melde Dich jetzt an, um unter Deinem Benutzernamen zu schreiben.

Gast
Auf dieses Thema antworten...

×   Du hast formatierten Text eingefügt.   Formatierung jetzt entfernen

Nur 75 Emojis sind erlaubt.

×   Dein Link wurde automatisch eingebettet.   Einbetten rückgängig machen und als Link darstellen

×   Dein vorheriger Inhalt wurde wiederhergestellt.   Editor leeren

×   Du kannst Bilder nicht direkt einfügen. Lade Bilder hoch oder lade sie von einer URL.

Teilen

• Neu erstellen...

Wichtige Information

Wir nutzen auf unserer Webseite Cookies, um Ihnen einen optimalen Service zu bieten. Wenn Sie weiter auf unserer Seite surfen, stimmen Sie der Cookie-Verwendung und der Verarbeitung von personenbezogenen Daten über Formulare zu. Zu unserer Datenschutzerklärung: Datenschutzerklärung