Zum Inhalt springen
Soundtrack Board

Varèse Sarabande CD-Club: FOR WHOM THE BELL TOLLS - Victor Young

Teilen

Empfohlene Beiträge

Varèse Sarabande hat FOR WHOM THE BELL TOLLS von Victor Young veröffentlicht.

post-1-0-58051300-1417421742.jpg

FOR WHOM THE BELL TOLLS
Original Motion Picture Soundtrack
Music Composed by Victor Young

Victor Young’s score for For Whom The Bell Tolls is simply one of the greatest he ever wrote.  We are so excited to be presenting this score for the first time in almost 25 years and sounding better than ever!  Victor Young began his film career in 1935.  His scores include Around The World In 80 Days, The Quiet Man, Shane and Scaramouche.  His songs include When I Fall In Love, Stella By Starlight, Golden Earrings and Love Letters. If you don’t know this score, just give these samples a listen.

Based on the best-selling controversial novel by Pulitzer and Nobel Prize-winning author Ernest Hemingway, For Whom the Bell Tolls graces the screen with legendary stars Gary Cooper and Ingrid Bergman. The story follows expatriate American demolition expert Robert Jordan (Cooper) who aides anti-fascist freedom fighters of Spain. Assisting him is a band of warriors including the strong-willed Pilar (Katina Paxinou in an Oscar winning performance), the dangerously undependable Pablo (Akim Tamiroff) and the lovely, innocent Maria (Bergman). As danger mounts, Robert and Maria develop a closeness that blossoms into one of the screen's greatest love stories. Epic in scope yet intimate in feeling, For Whom the Bell Tolls remains a shining example of Hollywood moviemaking at its finest.

CDs in stock and begin shipping this week

Limited Edition of 1000 copies

Price:  $17.98
Catalog #:  VCL 1114 1153

Track List:
1. Main Title / Roberto And Kashkin Blow Up A Train / Kashkin Falls (3:46)
2. Roberto And Anselmo Climb To The Cave / Pablo: “In These Mountains, I Command!” /
Rafael, The Gypsy / Pablo’s Jealousy / Roberto And Maria:
“This Is A Very Strange Woman, Roberto.  She Is Of No One!” (5:41)
3. Pilar: “She Has A Tongue … It Bites Like A Bullwhip!” / Pilar Sees Death In Roberto’s Palm (4:27)
4. Politics In The Cave / Roberto Explains His Cause /
Maria Warns Roberto About Pablo: “If He Pretends To Be Friendly, It Means He Has Made A Decision.” (3:19)
5. Maria’s Confession / Roberto’s Kiss / Maria: “I Don’t Know How To Kiss, Or I’d Kiss You.
Always I Wonder … Where Do The Noses Go?” (3:12)
6. Maria: “In The Evenings, We’ll Make Love.” (3:01)
7. El Sordo Retreats / Pilar: “What Use Is Courage If You Have No Head? El Sordo Has Both. He’ll Understand.” (2:25)
8. Maria And Roberto - Their Night Alone: “All The Things You Have Told Me Tonight.
It’s As If You’ve Already Taken Me To America.” (3:48)
9. The Sun Rises / Maria Alone / The Bridge Is Blown (4:17)
10. Roberto Returns To Maria / Roberto, Alone, Awaits Death /
Roberto Sends Maria Away With Pilar: “We’ll Go To America Another Time.” / End Title (5:54)

Gast Stefan Jania

Sehr schöner Score. Das Varèse-Reissue ist identisch mit dem Young-Anteil der schönen alten Stanyan-CD. Dass das eine Lizenz-Produktion ist steht auch auf dem Backcover. Die Stanyan hatte noch zusätzlich drei Bonus-Tracks aus anderen Filmen (nicht von Young) und das wirklich einmalige alte Covermotiv! Kein Text, nur die Bergman. :)

Sehr schöner Score. Das Varèse-Reissue ist identisch mit dem Young-Anteil der schönen alten Stanyan-CD. Dass das eine Lizenz-Produktion ist steht auch auf dem Backcover. Die Stanyan hatte noch zusätzlich drei Bonus-Tracks aus anderen Filmen (nicht von Young) und das wirklich einmalige alte Covermotiv! Kein Text, nur die Bergman. :)

attachicon.gif

Albern, dass man erst auf das Backcover schauen muss, um Durchblick bei dem Album zu bekommen. Und selbst dann auch nur für die Eingeweihten!  ;)

Dein Kommentar

Du kannst jetzt schreiben und Dich später registrieren. Wenn Du ein Konto hast, melde Dich jetzt an, um unter Deinem Benutzernamen zu schreiben.

Gast
Auf dieses Thema antworten...

×   Du hast formatierten Text eingefügt.   Formatierung jetzt entfernen

Nur 75 Emojis sind erlaubt.

×   Dein Link wurde automatisch eingebettet.   Einbetten rückgängig machen und als Link darstellen

×   Dein vorheriger Inhalt wurde wiederhergestellt.   Editor leeren

×   Du kannst Bilder nicht direkt einfügen. Lade Bilder hoch oder lade sie von einer URL.

Teilen

• Neu erstellen...

Wichtige Information

Wir nutzen auf unserer Webseite Cookies, um Ihnen einen optimalen Service zu bieten. Wenn Sie weiter auf unserer Seite surfen, stimmen Sie der Cookie-Verwendung und der Verarbeitung von personenbezogenen Daten über Formulare zu. Zu unserer Datenschutzerklärung: Datenschutzerklärung