Zum Inhalt springen
Soundtrack Board

Backlot Music: Nathan Barr - THE HOUSE WITH A CLOCK IN ITS WALL

horner1980
 Teilen

Empfohlene Beiträge

Nathan Barr schreibt bereits zum vierten Mal die Musik für einen Eli Roth-Film. Wäre toll, wenn da wieder was Tolles dabei herauskommt wie die letzten Male.

Zitat

Nathan Barr is set to reunite with director Eli Roth on the upcoming gothic horror movie The House with a Clock in Its Walls. Jack Black and Cate Blanchett are attached to star in the film based on John Bellairs’ 1973 book of the same title about a recently orphaned 10-year-old boy who discovers a world of hidden passageways, magic, and danger in his uncle’s old house. Eric Kripke (Supernatural, Timeless) wrote the screenplay and will also producing the Amblin Entertainment and Mythology Entertainment production with Brad Fischer (Shutter Island) and James Vanderbilt (Zodiac, Truth). “I am thrilled to be embarking on my fourth collaboration with Eli. Eli’s unique vision as a storyteller inspires me to find a musical approach to match, and the outcome is always exciting,” Barr said in a statement. The composer has previously collaborated with Roth on Cabin Fever and the first two Hostel movies. He also scored the Roth-produced The Last Exorcism and Netflix series Hemlock Grove. No production start date has been announced yet for The House with a Clock in Its Walls.
Quelle: http://filmmusicreporter.com/2017/09/15/nathan-barr-to-score-eli-roths-the-house-with-a-clock-in-its-walls/

vor einer Stunde schrieb neo:

Den gibts auch noch? Bin sehr gespannt :)

Klar gibts Nathan Barr noch. Hat ja in den letzten Jahren die, meiner Meinung nach sehr gute Musik für "The Americans" geschrieben und auch die Musik für die "Flatliners"-Fortsetzung wird von ihm stammen. Nicht mitbekommen? :)
Bin übrigens auch sehr gespannt, denn egal wie die Filme sind, bei Nathan Barr und Eli Roth kam bis auf Cabin Fever immer musikalisch was ganz Feines raus.

• 11 Monate später...

Der Score wird von Back Lot Music rausgebracht. leider erst einmal nur digital, aber viellleicht kommt ja noch eine CD.

Zitat

Back Lot Music will release a soundtrack album for the gothic fantasy movie The House with a Clock in Its Walls. The album features the film’s original music composed by Nathan Barr (True Blood, The Americans, Hostel, Cabin Fever, Hemlock Grove, The Son). The soundtrack will be released digitally on September 21, 2018 and is now available for pre-order on iTunes. The House with a Clock in Its Walls is directed by Eli Roth and stars Jack Black, Cate Blanchett, Owen Vaccaro, Kyle MacLachlan, Collen Camp, Renée Elise Goldsberry, Vanessa Anne Williams and Sunny Suljic. The movie is based on the children’s classic written by John Bellairs and illustrated by Edward Gorey and tells the tale of 10-year-old boy who goes to live with his uncle in a creaky old house with a mysterious tick-tocking heart, where he accidentally awakens the dead. The Amblin Entertainment production will be released in theaters nationwide on September 21 by Universal Pictures. Visit the official movie website for more information.

house-clock-297x300.png

Here’s the album track list:

1. New Zebedee (4:04)
2. A Lot of Clocks (1:35)
3. Quite Different Around Here (1:40)
4. Poker Face (1:02)
5. Mother Visits (1:50)
6. Jonathan With Ax (1:31)
7. A Boy Witch (3:09)
8. Studying Magic (1:32)
9. Issac’s Album (1:24)
10. Backyard Magic (1:46)
11. Bevy of Swans (1:43)
12. My House is Magic (0:49)
13. Secret Entrance (1:55)
14. Tarby Opens the Book (2:05)
15. Mother Returns (1:16)
16. Raising Issac (2:39)
17. Messy Room (0:45)
18. Horse Shoes (1:07)
19. Nickelodeon (3:53)
20. Books Attack (1:28)
21. Lewis Confesses (1:51)
22. My Beautiful Wife (4:23)
23. Bedroom Escape (1:32)
24. Lewis In Cage (4:08)
25. Automatons Attack (0:50)
26. Pumpkins Attack (1:58)
27. Lewis Finds the Clock (1:32)
28. Smashing Pumpkins (1:19)
29. Gassing Automatons (1:18)
30. Issac Starts the Clock (5:15)
31. to Normal (1:48)
32. Insect Book (1:23)
33. The Mighty Wurlizter (5:16)

• horner1980 änderte den Titel in Backlot Music: Nathan Barr - THE HOUSE WITH A CLOCK IN ITS WALL

Es ist ein Kinder-Fantasy-Film, produziert von Amblin. Eli Roth wollte schon immer mal eine eigene Version eines Kinderfilms machen, und nun bekam er die Gelegenheit dafür.

Zitat

Cabin Fever. Hostel. The Green Inferno. The House With a Clock in Its Walls. One of these things is not like the others.
In my mind, it’s a natural progression. When you see the movie, you’ll see stuff from my other movies — just done in the PG version of it, in a very subversive way. My films have always had a kind of Monty Python insanity to them, where you’re watching the movie and suddenly it does things that movies aren’t supposed to do. But this project was brought to me last June, right after I finished Death Wish. They were looking for a director. I read it, and within five pages, I was like, “I have to do this!” And they said, “We’re gonna move fast. We need to be shooting by October.” We were racing the entire time to get it done. We finished in December.

A lot of people are going to have a hard time accepting an Eli Roth kids’ film. I’m sure you’re aware of that.
I’ve always wanted to do my version of a kids’ movie. And by that I mean a film like Time Bandits or Beetlejuice or Gremlins or Goonies. As much as I love and am known for really gory movies, those kind of Amblin movies were my earliest theatrical experiences. Nobody does it better than those early Spielberg movies. There was a danger. The first 20 minutes of E.T. were very scary when you were a kid. When E.T. is dying? You believe that E.T.’s dead! The movie goes dark and that’s what makes the best children’s movies. That’s what makes them resonate with children. It gives them their first experience of being scared, but in a really fun, fantastic way.

Across your filmography, your tendency has been to shock and provoke. To make a more family-friendly film, did you have to staunch those impulses?
You have to respect the genre you’re working in and do what the genre requires. So if you’re making a shocking horror movie, the task is to provoke and push people’s buttons. If you’re making a scary, fun kids’ fantasy-adventure, it’s to thrill people. Give them Raiders of the Lost Ark where you have those exciting set pieces like the boulder and the basket chase, but you also have the melting faces and the spirits coming out and stabbing people in the eye. So that’s the fun of it — mixing all the different tones. Cate had the best quote. She’s like, “Your movie is a mixture: the lunacy and fun of Gremlins, the heart of E.T., the beauty of Barry Lyndon. And then it goes into Virginia Woolf at some point.”

http://www.vulture.com/2018/08/eli-roth-house-with-a-clock-in-its-walls-interview.html

Ich bin schon sehr gespannt auf den Film, der mir in seinen Trailern sehr gut gefiel. Auch auf die Musik von Nathan Barr bin ich gespannt, welcher auch noch nie einen Kinderfilm vertont hat. Ich hoffe sehr auf einen schönen farbigen orchestralen Score von ihm.

Hier ein paar Bilder von den Scoring Sessions

DkrDYU3W0AAKfRO.jpg

DlPGu6eVAAAMadj.jpg

DlzMhRnVAAEWNnO.jpg

Dein Kommentar

Du kannst jetzt schreiben und Dich später registrieren. Wenn Du ein Konto hast, melde Dich jetzt an, um unter Deinem Benutzernamen zu schreiben.

Gast
Auf dieses Thema antworten...

×   Du hast formatierten Text eingefügt.   Formatierung jetzt entfernen

Nur 75 Emojis sind erlaubt.

×   Dein Link wurde automatisch eingebettet.   Einbetten rückgängig machen und als Link darstellen

×   Dein vorheriger Inhalt wurde wiederhergestellt.   Editor leeren

×   Du kannst Bilder nicht direkt einfügen. Lade Bilder hoch oder lade sie von einer URL.

Teilen

• Neu erstellen...

Wichtige Information

Wir nutzen auf unserer Webseite Cookies, um Ihnen einen optimalen Service zu bieten. Wenn Sie weiter auf unserer Seite surfen, stimmen Sie der Cookie-Verwendung und der Verarbeitung von personenbezogenen Daten über Formulare zu. Zu unserer Datenschutzerklärung: Datenschutzerklärung