Zum Inhalt springen
Soundtrack Board

Walt Disney Records: Ramin Djawadi - Elephants

Teilen

Empfohlene Beiträge

Da ich finde, dass dieser großartige Score von Ramin Djawadi, vielleicht sogar der beste, den er je geschrieben hat, einen Thread verdient, bekommt er den auch.

Zitat

Walt Disney Records will release the official soundtrack album for the Disneynature documentary Elephant. The album features the film’s original music composed by Ramin Djawadi (Game of Thrones, Westworld, Iron Man, Clash of the Titans, Pacific Rim, A Wrinkle in Time). The soundtrack will be released digitally this Friday, April 3 and will be available to stream and download on Amazon Music. Elephant is directed by Mark Linfield (Monkey Kingdom, Chimpanzee), co-directed by Vanessa Berlowitz & Alastair Fothergill (Planet Earth, Penguins) and narrated by Meghan, The Duchess of Sussex. The movie follows African elephant Shani and her spirited son Jomo as their herd make an epic journey hundreds of miles across the vast Kalahari Desert. The documentary will premiere on April 3 exclusively on Disney+.

vca-103-300x300.jpg

Here’s the album track list:

1. Elephant Prologue
2. Pool Party
3. Mud Rescue
4. Leaving the Delta
5. Family Reunion
6. A Magnificent Bull
7. Stepping Stones
8. Bones
9. A Thousand Mile Journey
10. Caterpillars
11. Under the Stars
12. Victoria Falls
13. Palm Island
14. Crocodile Crossing
15. Angola Rains
16. Lion Hunt
17. Death of a Matriarch
18. Mourning
19. Rival Herd
20. Floodwaters Return
21. The Final Push
22. An Unforgettable Journey

Selbst ein Rezi-Schreiber wie James Southall, dem ich fast immer zustimme, hat nur lobende Worte über den Score. Das mag was heißen, denn normal sind RC-Komponisten wie Djawadi, Balfe und Co nicht gerade unter seinen Favoriten und bekommen recht oft kaum mehr als 1-2 Punkte bei ihm.

Zitat

While he became known for his pulsating modern scores to big action films (and a certain tv series), the first time I came across Ramin Djawadi was for a score for a film set in South Africa called Beat the Drum. He was co-credited with Klaus Badelt (higher up the ladder at Remote Control at the time – which should perhaps be a cautionary tale to those occupying that position now) and it was a beautiful, tender score which made me look forward to his future. He went off in a very different path, and I’ve liked some of what he’s done along the way, but all these years later I think I finally have the music I’ve been waiting for – the wonderfully uplifting Elephant, for Disney+. (I honestly don’t have a clue what it’s about – vampire bats is my best guess.)

Calling it “Lion King Lite” would not be entirely accurate, but it is also extremely easy, so I will do it. The album opens with a six-minute suite, “Elephant Prologue”, which gives us the first taste of the score’s real joy, which is the African vocals. Of all the Hollywood approximations of ethnic music, I think I like the African one the best, and this album offers numerous joy-filled, heart-warming songs. But it offers more than that, too – the sad beauty of “Bones”, the playful spirit of “Caterpillars”, the tension of “Crocodile Crossing”, action/drama of “Lion Hunt”, quiet tragedy of “Death of a Matriarch” – it’s consistently strong from start to finish. “Victoria Falls” is a brilliant track, perhaps the highlight – it builds quite slowly before exploding with energy and drama. This is an excellent album – not your usual sound from Djawadi, but one I hope he gets to revisit.

Rating: ****

Quelle: http://www.movie-wave.net/elephant/

Nach diesen vielen positiven Meinungen habe ich auch mal reingehört.

Bin wirklich wahnsinnig begeistert von den vielen tollen afrikanischen Einflüssen und erstaunt wie schön sich der Soundtrack entwickelt. Das erinnert mich leider immer wieder daran, dass es zu wenig Musik mit solchen kulturellen Klängen gibt. 

Das könnte wirklich der beste Djawadi seit langem sein! Hoffentlich gibt es da irgendwann auch eine CD! Wird gekauft und öfters angehört!

Hab ihn auch gestern gehört. Wirklich sehr schön geworden. Kann man nicht meckern. Gut zum snacken. Hat einige total schöne Stellen. 

Bei Ramin weiß man aber auch irgendwie immer, ob er Bock auf das Projekt hatte, oder halt gar nicht. 

Dein Kommentar

Du kannst jetzt schreiben und Dich später registrieren. Wenn Du ein Konto hast, melde Dich jetzt an, um unter Deinem Benutzernamen zu schreiben.

Gast
Auf dieses Thema antworten...

×   Du hast formatierten Text eingefügt.   Formatierung jetzt entfernen

Nur 75 Emojis sind erlaubt.

×   Dein Link wurde automatisch eingebettet.   Einbetten rückgängig machen und als Link darstellen

×   Dein vorheriger Inhalt wurde wiederhergestellt.   Editor leeren

×   Du kannst Bilder nicht direkt einfügen. Lade Bilder hoch oder lade sie von einer URL.

Teilen

• Neu erstellen...

Wichtige Information

Wir nutzen auf unserer Webseite Cookies, um Ihnen einen optimalen Service zu bieten. Wenn Sie weiter auf unserer Seite surfen, stimmen Sie der Cookie-Verwendung und der Verarbeitung von personenbezogenen Daten über Formulare zu. Zu unserer Datenschutzerklärung: Datenschutzerklärung