Zum Inhalt springen
Soundtrack Board

Christopher Young - Abyzou

Teilen

Empfohlene Beiträge

Zitat

Primetime Emmy-nominated composer Christopher Young has one hell of a resume in the horror world, lending his musical talents to fan-favorite films including A Nightmare on Elm Street 2: Freddy’s Revenge, Hellraiser, Hellbound: Hellraiser II, The Fly II, Tales from the Hood, Urban Legend, Drag Me to Hell, Sinister, and more recently last year’s The Empty Man.

What’s next from Young, you ask? Millennium Media has let Bloody Disgusting know today that Christopher Young is set to compose music for their upcoming horror thriller Abyzou.

For starters, here’s the plot rundown for the film: “Set in the Hasidic world, a family struggling with unresolved trauma finds themselves at the mercy of an ancient demon bent on destroying them from the inside. Tapping into Jewish demonology, Abyzou is a harrowing drama with an exciting twist on classic horror conventions.”

Young said in a statement, “I’m so immensely excited to have been given the opportunity to write the score for Abyzou, an intensely unique picture that’s going to inspire me to go to musical places I’ve never been. Oliver Park is the new great thing to happen to horror films, how lucky I am that he chose me to guide his vision to the finish line. And to top it off, I get to be a member of the great Millennium Media team!”

Director Oliver Park added, “When we think of great composers in horror, there are very few names on the list, but one name that will always command that space is Christopher Young. I’ve been a fan of Chris since I was too young to know who he was! I was obsessed with horror films, and one of the first films I ever watched was Hellraiser. I developed a keen interest in sound as it truly is what makes horror great, and I would often listen to Christopher Young soundtracks while reading horror novels. Abyzou was set to be scary before, but now he’s involved, even I’m afraid!” 

The film, based on a demonic Kabbalistic legend, is directed by Oliver Park, and written by Hank Hoffman from a story by Hoffman and Jonathan Yunger.

Abyzou recently wrapped production at Millennium’s Nu Boyana Studios.  
Quelle:
https://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/3665789/hellraiser-sinister-musician-christopher-young-composing-score-millenniums-horror-movie-abyzou-exclusive/?fbclid=IwAR0M8eC3eSrSaCn2wEMGISe4TVAwuxqhznW8mHved1KyQpqqfkzj0fw7edc

Youngs überschwengliche Art ist manchmal aber auch echt ein bisschen anstrengend.

Zur Zeit siehts ja aber echt so aus, als würden viele junge Horrorfilmer der Generation entspringen, die mit Youngs Horrorfilmen aus den 80/90ern aufgewachsen und jetzt immer noch Fans sind... das is jetzt ja schon nen paar Mal passiert, dass ihn deswegen junge Talente angeheuert haben. Muss sich auch ganz nett anfühlen für den... trotzdem wär mal schön er dürfte auch bei Marvel ran oder so... aber fürchte der Zug ist endgültig abgefahren... seufz

Dein Kommentar

Du kannst jetzt schreiben und Dich später registrieren. Wenn Du ein Konto hast, melde Dich jetzt an, um unter Deinem Benutzernamen zu schreiben.

Gast
Auf dieses Thema antworten...

×   Du hast formatierten Text eingefügt.   Formatierung jetzt entfernen

Nur 75 Emojis sind erlaubt.

×   Dein Link wurde automatisch eingebettet.   Einbetten rückgängig machen und als Link darstellen

×   Dein vorheriger Inhalt wurde wiederhergestellt.   Editor leeren

×   Du kannst Bilder nicht direkt einfügen. Lade Bilder hoch oder lade sie von einer URL.

Teilen

• Neu erstellen...

Wichtige Information

Wir nutzen auf unserer Webseite Cookies, um Ihnen einen optimalen Service zu bieten. Wenn Sie weiter auf unserer Seite surfen, stimmen Sie der Cookie-Verwendung und der Verarbeitung von personenbezogenen Daten über Formulare zu. Zu unserer Datenschutzerklärung: Datenschutzerklärung