Soundtrack Board

Score Radio: Cinematic Sound

Gast Erik Woods
 Teilen

Empfohlene Beiträge

Gast Erik Woods
Hi Erik! :confused:

I love you Shows and I listen to all of them!!! :rolleyes:

And I enjoy to read your Posts on all the Score-Homepages.

Please continue your great work.

Thanks!!!

A little Erik Woods Fan!! :(

Very kind of you. Thanks for tuning in!

New shows coming soon and new features as well... stay tuned.

-Erik-

Gast Erik Woods
Ooops, I forgot the "r" in "you" in the first sentence. Wasn't meant to sound like this..... :(:applaus::rolleyes:

Anyway. Please bring on more "Hidden gem" Shows. Last time I bought 5 or 6 out of them and they are really gems in my collection, so....... :confused:

WOW! I'm glad you found some use for the program and that the Hidden Gems show helped you find some scores that you might not have purchased or heard of. A new hidden gems show is being planned and I think I will start the program off with music from Joel Goldsmith's Moon 44.

BTW, if anyone wants to translate my posts into German, please do so. I apologize for speaking English here.

-Erik-

Well, I think most people on this board are able to understand English and write in English, aren't they??!!! :rolleyes:

Last week I bought Anne Dudleys' ANCIENT AND MODERN just because I listened to the cues in your show. What a magnificent work. Choral and Orchestral Beauty to describe it in few words. I'm going to listen to that CD after ON THE BEACH, which is such a wonderful score too.... :confused::applaus:

Gast Erik Woods
Well, I think most people on this board are able to understand English and write in English, aren't they??!!! :rolleyes:

Last week I bought Anne Dudleys' ANCIENT AND MODERN just because I listened to the cues in your show. What a magnificent work. Choral and Orchestral Beauty to describe it in few words. I'm going to listen to that CD after ON THE BEACH, which is such a wonderful score too.... :confused::applaus:

Brilliant. This is what I love to read and hear. The whole point of the show is to introduce people to newer scores and to help appreciate scores they might now have heard of before. And if those listeners go out and buy those albums because of my program then I've done my job. Thanks for your post. You made my day.

-Erik-

Hi Erik... and a hearty welcome to this discussion board from me, too! :rolleyes:

As with your show, please keep the good work going... there can´t be enough film music streams in the internet. :confused:

I hope we will see you in this board from time to time in the future, it´s great to have some foreign members stating their opinion about new and old soundtrack releases.

Take care, Tom

Gast Erik Woods

August 8, 2006 UPDATE:

The On-Demand Show for this week is now on-line. Go to...

http://www.geocities.com/cinematicsound/index.html

...to hear the “New and Recent Releases" program. On the program this week we will be listening to music from LADY IN THE WATER (Howard), THE LAKE HOUSE (Portman), UNITED 93 (Powell), CARS (Newman), ABOMINABLE (Schifrin), THE OMEN (Beltrami), EVIL (Shaw), THE SISTERS (Morse), THE FAST AND FURIOUS: TOKYO DRIFT (Tyler), and more.

Playlist

http://www.geocities.com/cinematicsound/playlists/july_22_06.html

And just a reminder that the "Pirate Music" show is still available.

If you have any problems listening the show please e-mail us at cinematicsound@yahoo.com.

Enjoy!

-Erik-

Hello Erik,

nice to read something from you on this board. You played last year on a Wish-Show the Track "To the Boys..." from "Legends of the Fall" that I choosed. I record it on a MP3.

Oh, I missed the Giacchico-Show. : ( Any possibilty to reapeat it in the future?

Best,

Nico : )

Gast Erik Woods
Hello Erik,

nice to read something from you on this board. You played last year on a Wish-Show the Track "To the Boys..." from "Legends of the Fall" that I choosed. I record it on a MP3.

Oh, I missed the Giacchico-Show. : ( Any possibilty to reapeat it in the future?

Best,

Nico : )

That was an excellent request.

As for the Giacchino show... I might repeat it in the feautre...

-Erik-

dieses cinematicsound radio ist cool, vor allem das es ondemand funktioniert, und mann es jederzeit mit dem realplayer (o.ä.) abspielen kann.

ich hatte auf der seite die film music radio links abgeklappert, aber keine andere seite gefunden, wo das so funktioniert wie bei cinematic sound. kennt jemand noch so ne seite?

Gast Erik Woods
dieses cinematicsound radio ist cool, vor allem das es ondemand funktioniert, und mann es jederzeit mit dem realplayer (o.ä.) abspielen kann.

ich hatte auf der seite die film music radio links abgeklappert, aber keine andere seite gefunden, wo das so funktioniert wie bei cinematic sound. kennt jemand noch so ne seite?

Can anyone translate so I can answer this person's question? Thanks.

-Erik-

• 2 Wochen später...
Gast Erik Woods

August 31, 2006 UPDATE:

http://www.geocities.com/cinematicsound/

...to hear the Film Score Monthly CDs" program. This week you will hear music from CHECKMATE (Williams), GOODBYE, MR. CHIPS (Williams/Bricusse), THE WRONG MAN (Herrmann), and THE SWIMMER (Hamlisch). Plus we will be digging deep into the vaults to play some of FSMs older releases such as 100 RIFLES (Goldsmith), THE TOWERING INFERNO (Williams), ICE STATION ZEBRA (Legrand), THE COMANCHEROS (Bernstein), and UNTAMED (Waxman)

Playlist

http://www.geocities.com/cinematicsound/playlists/aug_31_06.html

And just a reminder that the "New and Recent CD Releases" show is still available.

If you have any problems listening the show please e-mail us at cinematicsound@yahoo.com.

Enjoy!

-Erik-

• 1 Monat später...
Gast Erik Woods

A New Era

On September 9th, 2006 the Cinematic Sound Radio Show turned 10 years old. September 9th, 2006 would also mark the final FM broadcast of the Cinematic Sound Radio Show. Why did the show go off the air? Let me explain.

On July 3rd 2006 my wife gave birth to our first child, a wonderful baby boy that we named Liam Harrison Woods. So, like most parents I had to reorganize my life to accommodate the arrival of the new bundle of joy. As some of you know, newborn’s take up every moment of your free time so things like hanging out with old high school buddies, playing the occasional road hockey game after work and simple things like watching a movie take a back seat. And one other thing that was going to have to take a back seat was my radio show. I didn’t want to admit it at first telling friends and family that I should have no problem continuing with my three hour show every Saturday… well… I soon realized just how precious those 3 hours were going to be. I felt that if I continued with my show I would miss out bonding with my new son. I also wanted to give my wife a break from taking care of Liam all by herself for most of the work week. So with all this happening I began to write my resignation letter informing C101.5 that after my 10th anniversary program in September I would be leaving the station for good.

But as I was writing I knew that I wasn’t going to be giving up Cinematic Sound for good. I still planned on producing an On-Demand program for my web site which takes only a few hours to produce at home. Well, that got me thinking. Why not kill two birds with one stone. I thought that I could just send my new On-Demand programs to C101.5, they could upload the programs to the automated WAVE station and play my program during its regularly scheduled time slot. I mean, isn’t that what the WAVE station is for? I don’t HAVE to be on the air live but yet my show can still air LIVE.

Well, unfortunately this plan didn’t work for C101.5. Below is the complicated explanation as to why Cinematic Sound couldn’t be a pre-recorded program.

Wave Station has a "Time Next" feature which is applied to an audio file that you want to launch at a specific time. "Time Next" allows the current audio file to finish playing first. The problem here is that C101.5 would have to program the Cinematic Sound "Time Next" file into all of our playlist backup logs because they would have no way of knowing what log would be running at 12 Noon on Saturdays when nobody is in the station. What would happen then is, the Cinematic Sound files could fire at any other day at 12 Noon should we be in Playlist Backup mode.

So, with the size of my pre-recorded files, the very real possibility of nobody at the station to launch my show and because C101.5 feels they have a better radio station when they have live hosts doing their thing every day it was obvious that Cinematic Sound was going to have to die on terrestrial radio.

So with that Cinematic Sound is now only available exclusively On-Demand at the revamped Cinematic Sound Radio Show web site.

http://www.geocities.com/cinematicsound

As you may have noticed I haven’t uploaded a new show since August 31st. I took most of September off, recording new shows, editing old programs (more on that later) and re-organizing and re-designing my web page… and of course taking care of Liam. Well, it’s now October and I’m proud to officially launch the brand new Cinematic Sound Radio Show On-Demand. Actually, it’s not all that different; the programs are still 3 hours long, I’m still your host and I’m still striving to produce the best damn soundtrack radio show on the planet. The only REAL difference is that you can no longer hear the show every Saturday from 12-3pm on C101.5 in Hamilton.

Now, I hope you all can still join me every week… or every other week… for brand new programming. And as mentioned earlier I’m going into the archives and digging up old shows such as the Jerry Goldsmith and Elmer Bernstein tribute program and will be uploading them to a special Cinematic Sound “From The Vault’s” page. This page will also include the Michael Kamen tribute and the 4 Part Marco Polo Film Music Presents show that I produced a few years ago. I will also be uploading an “About Cinematic Sound” page which will contain info about the origins of the program, articles and interviews as well as pictures of the C101.5 Studios, my home studio and the pictures from the Cinematic Sound Finale program.

So, thank you to all who have supported the program in the past 10 years and here’s hoping for another fantastic and memorable ten years of film music on the internet.

And to celebrate my 10th anniversary I have uploaded two brand new shows.

Show #1

“Cinematic Sound Finale - Last FM Broadcast" - On the program this week you will hear music from some of film music’s greatest finales. You will hear such films as BATMAN (Elfman), THE UNFORGETTABLE YEAR 1919 (Shostakovich), ALL THE BROTHER’S WERE VALIANT (Rozsa), THE FELLOWSHIP OF THE RING (Shore), BACKDRAFT (Zimmer) and many, many more.

Playlist

http://www.geocities.com/cinematicsound/playlists/sept_9_06.html

Show #2

“Film Score Re-recordings" - On the program this week you will hear music from TRUE GRIT (Bernstein), IT’S A WONDERFUL LIFE (Tiomkin), THE SEA WOLF (Korngold), THE REIVERS (Williams), MIKLOS ROZSA CONDUCTS HIS GREAT FILM MUSIC (Rozsa), AGNES OF GOD (Delerue), KONIG DER LETZTEN TAGE (Kilar), THE ADVENTURES OF MARCO POLO (Friedhofer), BATMAN FOREVER (Goldenthal) and more.

Playlist

http://www.geocities.com/cinematicsound/playlists/oct_6_06.html

If you have any problems listening the show please e-mail me at cinematicsound@yahoo.com.

Enjoy!

-Erik-

• 3 Wochen später...

October 26, 2006 UPDATE:

...to hear the New and Recent CD Releases - Part I" program. On the program this week you will hear music from ALL THE KING'S MEN (Horner), THE BLACK DAHLIA (Isham), THE ANT BULLY (Debney), MONSTER HOUSE (Pipes), FLICKA (Zigman), LOST: SEASON 2 (Giacchino), FLAGS OF OUR FATHERS (Eastwood), WORLD TRADE CENTER (Armstrong) and many more.

Playlist

http://www.geocities.com/cinematicsound/playlists/oct_26_06.html

Enjoy!

-Erik-

October 31, 2006 UPDATE:

The Cinematic Sound Annual Halloween Special is now on-line. Go to...

...to hear the program. You will hear music from SLITHER (Bates), HOSTEL (Barr), PSYCHO (Herrmann), SLEEPY HOLLOW (Elfman), THE FLY (Shore), THE FURY (Williams), THE OMEN (Goldsmith), DARKNESS FALLS (Tyler), JEEPERS CREEPERS 2 (Salvay), SCREAM 2 (Beltrami), BRAM STOKER'S DRACULA (Kilar), and THE EXORCIST (Penderecki)

Playlist

http://www.geocities.com/cinematicsound/playlists/oct_31_06.html

Enjoy!

-Erik-

• 2 Wochen später...

November 9, 2006 UPDATE:

The New and Recent CD Releases - Part II program is now on-line. Go to...

...to hear the show. You will hear music from music from SERENADA SCHIZOPHRANA (Elfman), MIDDLETOWN (Wiseman), THE DESCENT (Julyan), SATURN 3 (Bernstein), FAREWELL TO THE KING (Poledouris), REMO WILLIAMS: THE ADVENTURE BEGINS (Safan), HEADSPACE (Shore), THE LAST KING OF SCOTLAND (Heffes), HERE'S TO THE HEROES (The Ten Tenors) and many more.

Playlist

http://www.geocities.com/cinematicsound/playlists/nov_9_06.html

Enjoy!

-Erik-

Up Coming Program: A Tribute To Basil Poledouris

Dein Kommentar

Du kannst jetzt schreiben und Dich später registrieren. Wenn Du ein Konto hast, melde Dich jetzt an, um unter Deinem Benutzernamen zu schreiben.

Gast
Auf dieses Thema antworten...

×   Du hast formatierten Text eingefügt.   Formatierung jetzt entfernen

Nur 75 Emojis sind erlaubt.

×   Dein Link wurde automatisch eingebettet.   Einbetten rückgängig machen und als Link darstellen

×   Dein vorheriger Inhalt wurde wiederhergestellt.   Editor leeren

×   Du kannst Bilder nicht direkt einfügen. Lade Bilder hoch oder lade sie von einer URL.

Teilen

• Neu erstellen...

Wichtige Information

Wir nutzen auf unserer Webseite Cookies, um Ihnen einen optimalen Service zu bieten. Wenn Sie weiter auf unserer Seite surfen, stimmen Sie der Cookie-Verwendung und der Verarbeitung von personenbezogenen Daten über Formulare zu. Zu unserer Datenschutzerklärung: Datenschutzerklärung