Zum Inhalt springen
Soundtrack Board

Film/TV News

Scorechaser
 Teilen

Empfohlene Beiträge

Matthew McConaughey könnte sich wohl nun vorstellen, weiterhin in der Serie "True Detectives" mitzumischen

Few can argue that there was a more arresting presence on TV in 2014 so far than that of Rustin “Rust” Cohle, played by Matthew McConaughey, in HBO’s anthology series True Detective.  Rust’s “time is flat circle” comments (among so many other) captured the zeitgeist alongside the performance of his co-star Woody Harrelson (“what is ‘scented meat?’”) and the show’s exceptional writing and directing (by Nic Pizzolatto and Cary Fukunaga respectively).

But McConaughey’s role as Rust has also been an integral part of the “McConassaince,” which started with Magic Mike and Dallas Buyers Club, and has included films like Mud and presumably the upcoming Interstellar.  Still, his turn in True Detective was one that really resonated with TV audiences in a way few expected.  Might he do it again? 

In a fantastically in-depth interview with Deadline (in correlation with the show’s ongoing Emmys campaign), McConaughey speaks at length about the process of filming True Detective.  He states that the limited engagement was what appealed to him initially:

That was always how I saw it. One season, eight episodes, a finite beginning, middle and end, goodbye, look forward to watching it. If HBO had wanted an option on me for a Season 2 or 3, I wouldn’t have done it. I wouldn’t have walked into something where they could say, “We’ve got you for the next three years.

He went on to say that,
“I liked True Detective, the whole series and the experience of making it, so much that I’d be open to doing another one now. At the time, I was looking at six months and not beyond that. I don’t know of a feature film I’d sign for where I’m going to say, “If this works, you’ve got me whenever you want me for the next three years.”

The exact meaning of the quote could be debated — is McConaughey saying he would return to True Detective, or that he would be open to another limited engagement series?  And would that mean a return as Rust, or another character? (Please, Nic, if you’re listening, give us The Rust Cohle Chronicles, focusing on Crash — his 1995 alter-ego — or an odd couple series with Rust and Marty living together post-hospital.  Please.)So far, very little is known about the next season of True Detective, except that it will feature three leads, at least one of whom will be female, and that it will take place in California, focusing on “the occult history of the U.S. transportation system.”

For fans who were drawn in to True Detective‘s world because of its Southern Gothic style and story, this may not be as appealing, but the fact that Pizzolatto is still in control of the story is a great sign (even though there will not, as far as is known, be a single-director scenario again).

If you were a fan of the series, or are just interested in the 180 turn of McConaughey’s career and don’t believe that human consciousness is just a tragic misstep of evolution (to quote Rust), I urge you to read the full interview.  There is a lot of insight there not only into the character of Rust, but into the process of making a series like True Detective, and what it shares (along with how it differs) with traditional moviemaking.  The light is winning.

Quelle: http://collider.com/true-detective-season-2-matthew-mcconaughey/#rY4qIgr6F0TCjri2.99

• 3 Wochen später...

Shane Black wird wohl das PREDATOR-Reboot schreiben und inszenieren:

The Hollywood Reporter today brings word that Iron Man 3 and Kiss Kiss Bang Bang's Shane Black will write and direct a Predator reboot for 20th Century Fox!

According to the trade, Black is directing and writing the treatment for the film, which will then be scripted in full by Fred Dekker (with whom Black worked on Monster Squad).

Black has had a long history with the Predator franchise, having cameoed in the 1987 original. Directed by John McTiernan, Predator starred Arnold Schwarzenegger as the leader of a United States special forces team that comes under attack from an alien entity that prizes the thrill of the hunt above all else. It was followed by a direct sequel, Predator 2, in 1990 before crossing over with Fox's Alien franchise for two additional sequels, Alien vs. Predator and AvP: Requiem. In 2010, Nimrod Antal helmed a reboot with a new feature, Predators.

There's no word on the extent to which the new film will tie into the existing franchise, nor is there any confirmation as to when this reboot might fit into Black's schedule. He's planning to shoot The Nice Guys from his own original screenplay as early as this fall and remains attached to Columbia Pictures' Doc Savage. Check back for further details as they become available.

John Davis is attached to produce with Matt Reilly overseeing for Fox and Ira Napoliello overseeing for Davis Entertainment.

Das hätte tatsächlich was. Und bitte mit einer ordentlichen Portion christlichem Fundamentalismus.

Nochmal zum PREDATOR-Franchise: für mich einer der interessantesten Außerirdischen der Filmgeschichte und ein Franchise, dem ich durchaus noch mehr Popularität gönnen würde. Das hat zum Teil fast noch mehr Subtext als die ALIEN-Reihe.

Ein Reboot bräuchte ich auch nicht, aber es ist nun mal nur eine Frage der Zeit, bis jede halbwegs populäre Filmreihe neu aufgelegt wird. Shane Black ist ein guter Mann, schrieb ja auch das Skript zu den ersten beiden Lethal-Weapon-Filmen. Da könnte sogar etwas Old-school-Action drin sein, wenn er das wirklich machen sollte. Aber wie der Bericht schon sagt, ist Black momentan schon mit zwei Projekten beschäftigt, von daher wird das wohl dauern. Fred Dekker kenne ich nur als Regisseur von ROBOCOP 3 und NIGHT OF THE CREEPS. ;)

Nochmal zum PREDATOR-Franchise: für mich einer der interessantesten Außerirdischen der Filmgeschichte und ein Franchise, dem ich durchaus noch mehr Popularität gönnen würde. Das hat zum Teil fast noch mehr Subtext als die ALIEN-Reihe.

Den letzten Satz mag ich nicht unterstützen, aber ansonsten geb ich Dir durchaus recht. Wobei die gottelenden AVP-Streifen für beide Film-Reihen katastrophal waren.

Shane Black bestätigt, dass es kein Reboot wird, sondern ein Sequel

Big news broke yesterday with the reveal that Shane Black has plans to "reboot" 20th Century Fox's Predator. Today, the Iron Man 3 writer and director (not to mention star of the John McTiernan original) tells Collider that his film does, indeed, tie to franchise continuity.

"Why start over, when you've all this rich mythology yet to mine?" Black says, adding that he can, "...really get behind inventive sequels."

Black will be directing the new film and writing the treatment, which will then be scripted in full by Fred Dekker (with whom Black worked on Monster Squad).

• 2 Wochen später...

Der Bestseller Der Name der Rose von Umberto Eco wurde bereits 1986 sehr erfolgreich mit Sean Connery in der Hauptrolle verfilmt. Nun plant ein italienischer Sender den Detektivroman als Fernsehserie zu produzieren.

http://www.moviepilot.de/news/der-name-der-rose-wird-zur-tv-serie-130897

Das hat Connery sicher bereits alles vergessen,da er bekanntlich Alzheimer-krank ist...

Seine Agentin hat diese Gerüchte, die übrigens von der BILD-Zeitung kamen..  kurz darauf wieder dementiert. Er ist nicht an Alzheimer erkrankt. Die BILD-Zeitung hatte Michael Caine falsch zitiert, der das übrigens auch paar Tage später wieder richtig stellte.. also wieder mal hat sich die BILD-Zeitung als BLÖD-Zeitung heraus gestellt ;)

Sir Sean Connery’s publicist has denied that the Scots actor is suffering from Alzheimer’s disease.

She spoke out after his close friend Sir Michael Caine was quoted as saying the Edinburgh-born was “no longer in control of his senses”.

Sir Michael Caine raised fears over the 007 actor’s health in an interview with a German newspaper, Bild.

Caine, 80, was quoted as saying: “One must have serious concerns for him.”

Caine said Sir Sean was becoming increasingly confused, often not knowing where he was, and suffering from memory loss. Bild said Sir Sean’s memory loss was “noticeable” and that only a few close friends and confidantes, like Caine, had access to the 83-year-old actor.

The story in Europe’s biggest-selling Sunday newspaper appeared under the headline “Connery forgets his life”.

But Sir Sean’s publicist, Los Angeles-based Nancy Seltzer, suggested last night that Caine may have been misquoted.

Ms Seltzer, who described the story as “ridiculous”, added: “This is truly silly and nonsense.”

In 2011, Ms Seltzer confirmed that Edinburgh-born Sir Sean had officially retired from public appearances but said he was in good health “mentally and physically”.

This is not the first time the actor’s health has come under the spotlight. He has previously received radiation treatment to remove nodules from his vocal cords.

Quelle: http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/news/sir-sean-connery-doesn-t-have-alzheimer-s-1-3062744

Hier übrigens ein Bild aus dem letzten Jahr von ihm, wo er meiner Meinung nach gut ausschaut für seine 83 Jahre. 

media.media.95e19456-0e02-4e9b-8915-27e5

Gast BlasterBeam

Hier übrigens ein Bild aus dem letzten Jahr von ihm, wo er meiner Meinung nach gut ausschaut für seine 83 Jahre. 

Sieht aus wie ein gerissener 70-jaehriger der sich gerade neue Bond-Girls aussucht.

Apropos Connery - es gibt jetzt eine Internet-Seite, auf de er allerlei Fan-Artikel (Fotos etc) anbietet und um Unterstützung der Wohltätigkeitsorganisationen und Hilfsprojekte bitte, die ihm am Herzen liegen:

Thank you for visiting my personal website

Your comments and suggestions are greatly appreciated, and will be invaluable as we continue to develop and enhance the site.

I would like to thank the many people who have helped build the website, and I would especially like to thank my wife Micheline for sharing her artwork. I encourage you to spend some time in Micheline's Gallery and enjoy her work.

With your help and support, I will continue to develop this non-commercial website and provide you with electronic greeting cards, wallpapers, and insider information about my career. But I would like you to do something for me in return - I would request that you help me to help others. You can visit the Patronage section of this site to find out more about the charities that are very important to me: education, culture, and Scotland. Please help if you can.

http://www.seanconnery.com/

Dein Kommentar

Du kannst jetzt schreiben und Dich später registrieren. Wenn Du ein Konto hast, melde Dich jetzt an, um unter Deinem Benutzernamen zu schreiben.

Gast
Auf dieses Thema antworten...

×   Du hast formatierten Text eingefügt.   Formatierung jetzt entfernen

Nur 75 Emojis sind erlaubt.

×   Dein Link wurde automatisch eingebettet.   Einbetten rückgängig machen und als Link darstellen

×   Dein vorheriger Inhalt wurde wiederhergestellt.   Editor leeren

×   Du kannst Bilder nicht direkt einfügen. Lade Bilder hoch oder lade sie von einer URL.

Teilen

• Neu erstellen...

Wichtige Information

Wir nutzen auf unserer Webseite Cookies, um Ihnen einen optimalen Service zu bieten. Wenn Sie weiter auf unserer Seite surfen, stimmen Sie der Cookie-Verwendung und der Verarbeitung von personenbezogenen Daten über Formulare zu. Zu unserer Datenschutzerklärung: Datenschutzerklärung