Zum Inhalt springen
Soundtrack Board

New version of Piano Orchestration piece

Gast AndreasvanHaren
 Teilen

Empfohlene Beiträge

Gast AndreasvanHaren

Hi,

I made a new version of my orchestrated piano piece "After work, Late at Night".

Here are the links to the mp3 and the pdf:

"After work, late at night" - mp3

"After work, late at night" - pdf

I put the piece in a higher key, so the oboe wouldn't be so low and thick in his solo, and the horn not so high (after putting it an octave lower as well).

i added some new strings parts and redid the woodwind section. I believe it's much more interesting now. This time, the mp3 isn't a midi bounce but played in on my piano into Garageband, using the Orchestra jam pack.

Like always, I love to hear comments to take out the errors.

André

Hey André

i've just looked in you score and listened the piece, very beautiful! But your GPO, Orchestration is not so good, i think with EWQLSO XP there would be much more realistic sound (even if EW is good for Filmmusic, its also good for small pieces!).

very good work andré! What i would advise you is the Horn, i personaly would prefere a nice bassoonsolo instead of that horn solo, or may double it and let the horn just play very soft. Its just what i would do, cause i love bassoonsolos and i think that Theme would come nice with an higher played bassoon.

best wishes

Gast AndreasvanHaren

Hi Florian,

thanks for the helpful comments. I will try the bassoon. Btw, I didn't make this with GPO, I don't have that one. I use Garageband on my mac with Jam pack Orchestra sounds, and different sound fonts that I found on the web.

André

Oh, it sound a little like GPO, we use it in my study in Logic to and i don't like the orchestra sound but there are some good pianos in it.

BTW if i get a bit more time i can try to sample your orchestration with EWQLSO Gold XP if you like? just let me know and i will get on it after i finished my Receptacle Symphony.

Keep on composing my friend i will be pleased to listen to you next instand classic.

best wishes,

Florian

Gast AndreasvanHaren
Oh, it sound a little like GPO, we use it in my study in Logic to and i don't like the orchestra sound but there are some good pianos in it.

BTW if i get a bit more time i can try to sample your orchestration with EWQLSO Gold XP if you like? just let me know and i will get on it after i finished my Receptacle Symphony.

Keep on composing my friend i will be pleased to listen to you next instand classic.

best wishes,

Florian

Hi Florian,

that would be great! What files do you need to do that? Is a midi export from Sibelius enough?

I am working on orchestrating my second piano piece now, it takes some more imagination from my site because now I have parts that are not even in side the piano version. I realize that orchestrating is a lot again like composing.

André

Hey, just need your Sibelius Scoresheet,

you can send it to me: florian.linckus@impressive-music-production.de

and i will see what i can do for you :)

I love to write orchestral music, its just you can give out so much colorvariation and make more of the piece itself with it. I would be very pleased to take a listen to your second orchestration.

Teilen

• Neu erstellen...

Wichtige Information

Wir nutzen auf unserer Webseite Cookies, um Ihnen einen optimalen Service zu bieten. Wenn Sie weiter auf unserer Seite surfen, stimmen Sie der Cookie-Verwendung und der Verarbeitung von personenbezogenen Daten über Formulare zu. Zu unserer Datenschutzerklärung: Datenschutzerklärung