Zum Inhalt springen
Soundtrack Board

Sonstiges - Footlight Records macht dicht

Gast Stefan Jania
 Teilen

Empfohlene Beiträge

Gast Stefan Jania

Und noch ein Soundtrack- und Cast-Outlet, das aufgibt: Footlight. Nachdem schon vor einiger Zeit der Shop in New York geschlossen wurde, macht jetzt auch der Onlinehandel dicht. Die Gründe, die vom Team genannt werden, leuchten mehr als ein.

To one and all:

It is with deep regret that I must inform you that we will be closing on July 4th. It has been a difficult decision, but there seems to be no choice. The company was going into debt by keeping the store open. Our rent went from $2500.00 to $5000.00 then to $7000.00 and the landlord wanted to raise it again the following year. This was a dream I had since I was a kid, to own a record store. If I had closed the store sooner and not incurred such a debt then maybe we could have continued as a web-based company. . .

Even that is doubtful in todays market. Downloading is affecting us more and more plus you have the fact that many smaller companies that produce Cast Recordings pre-sell their recordings at a discount price. This has probably cut into about 40% of our sales in cast CDs.

Last of all many of you may not realize that even though I have a direct account with companies like Sony Music I do not pay the same price as Amazon. Amazons cost is much less than I have to pay, so how can I compete with this unfair practice.

Most of all I would like to thank all of you that have been our regular customers and stuck by us even when you could have saved a dollar going some where else. We will miss the communications that we have had with our customers, many of you for dozens of years.

The site will be up and running through July 4th you may still order through it till the 5th. Our e-mail address sales@footlight.com will be functioning till then. After that you will be able to reach us at the same phone number 718 963 0750 (the phone number will be valid through the 18th of July) or through our old e-mail address: footlight1@aol.com. We will still be here working for weeks after the site is closed in case you have questions about your orders.

You will be able to find the balance of our stock on Amazon under the name Footlight-com.

All the best to each and every one of you now and in the future,

Ron, Arnold, Dave, Richard, Steve, & Will

Sehr schade! Ich habe bei Footlight zwar nicht sehr oft bestellt, aber viele seltenere CDs dort zu angemessenen Preisen gefunden.

• 3 Monate später...

Dein Kommentar

Du kannst jetzt schreiben und Dich später registrieren. Wenn Du ein Konto hast, melde Dich jetzt an, um unter Deinem Benutzernamen zu schreiben.

Gast
Auf dieses Thema antworten...

×   Du hast formatierten Text eingefügt.   Formatierung jetzt entfernen

Nur 75 Emojis sind erlaubt.

×   Dein Link wurde automatisch eingebettet.   Einbetten rückgängig machen und als Link darstellen

×   Dein vorheriger Inhalt wurde wiederhergestellt.   Editor leeren

×   Du kannst Bilder nicht direkt einfügen. Lade Bilder hoch oder lade sie von einer URL.

Teilen

• Neu erstellen...

Wichtige Information

Wir nutzen auf unserer Webseite Cookies, um Ihnen einen optimalen Service zu bieten. Wenn Sie weiter auf unserer Seite surfen, stimmen Sie der Cookie-Verwendung und der Verarbeitung von personenbezogenen Daten über Formulare zu. Zu unserer Datenschutzerklärung: Datenschutzerklärung