Zum Inhalt springen
Soundtrack Board

Ed Wood, Music by Danny Elfman ?

Teilen

Empfohlene Beiträge

In einem Interview, das Danny anlässlich des Startes von "Corpse Bride" gab, in dem er auch die mittlerweile berühmten Sätze über Spider-Man 2 von sich gab, erwähnte er, daß er auch schon mit Tim Burton an diesen Punkt des "niewiedermiteinanderredens" gekommen war und zwar bei Ed Wood. Hier der Ausschnitt:

DRE: Supposedly about 12 years ago you and Tim had a fight and thats why you ended up not scoring Ed Wood, is that an exaggeration?

ELFMAN: No, we had one big blow up in our 20 years together and that is true about Ed Wood. We were very upset and we both said wed never speak to each other again. It was one of those kinds of moments. But with Tim and I, its almost like a family thing. Now with the wisdom of age and hindsight, over a two decade period with our personalities being what they are, its inevitable that wed have to have some kind of meltdown somewhere.

DRE: It had been about ten years up to that point.

ELFMAN: Yeah and we used to joke that wed end up like Bernard Herrmann and Alfred Hitchcock and sure enough, we did. But fortunately, this is where the family thing comes in, we never disagreed over a piece of music. Let me put it that way.

DRE: It was just over probably nothing.

ELFMAN: Its too complex to even get into. But these things are never over about one thing. It was probably something that had been building up for years and had to explode. In the year and a half or so that Tim and I didnt speak, I felt really shitty. It turned out that he didnt feel very good about it either. So thats where the family thing comes in because Ive had fights with my own brother where I vowed Id never speak to him again. But in the end youre family and you find yourself missing that person. Thats absolutely what happened with Tim. So it was gratifying to find out that we both felt the same way. While Tim was shooting Mars Attacks, I got this call from a producer saying, Will Danny ever consider speaking to Tim again? I was on a plane the next day. We met in a coffee shop in Kansas, hugged, sat down and said, That was fucked up. He said Lets forget the whole thing and just move on from this discussion. I said Absolutely. We never spoke of it again and weve never had any personal issues again.

DRE: On purpose or it just has never come up again?

ELFMAN: I think it was a learning experience so now I think were probably both a little more cautious. Were both really passionate about what we do so you get smarter about stuff like that. Its like in a marriage, you know. You go through like a big horrible break up so you get together and you really dont want that to happen again. Then when you feel your emotions getting all worked up and intense, you step back.

DRE: What do you think of the score to Ed Wood?

ELFMAN: I didnt really know what to make of it. The whole thing was just weird, so I didnt really have any objective opinion. I never was even able to like watch the whole thing in one sitting. It just represented a really nasty period. Once again, if youre in a marriage and there was something in the center of that whole thing, a part of you will never be able to just go and look at that thing because its always going to remind you of that really nasty period.

That was a particularly intense time because Id been on Nightmare for two and a half years then did Batman Returns in the middle of that. It was all this overlapping stuff and a lot of frustrations just kind of blew up. But Ive had different kinds of disagreements with different directors over the years and there are directors who I dont want to work with anymore but as intense as it was Ive never had an unworkable disagreement with Tim over a piece of music. At the end of the day I always got to remember that. Ive always come out of a Tim Burton movie feeling good even with some of the ones that were really difficult to work on.

Dein Kommentar

Du kannst jetzt schreiben und Dich später registrieren. Wenn Du ein Konto hast, melde Dich jetzt an, um unter Deinem Benutzernamen zu schreiben.

Gast
Auf dieses Thema antworten...

×   Du hast formatierten Text eingefügt.   Formatierung jetzt entfernen

Nur 75 Emojis sind erlaubt.

×   Dein Link wurde automatisch eingebettet.   Einbetten rückgängig machen und als Link darstellen

×   Dein vorheriger Inhalt wurde wiederhergestellt.   Editor leeren

×   Du kannst Bilder nicht direkt einfügen. Lade Bilder hoch oder lade sie von einer URL.

Teilen

• Neu erstellen...

Wichtige Information

Wir nutzen auf unserer Webseite Cookies, um Ihnen einen optimalen Service zu bieten. Wenn Sie weiter auf unserer Seite surfen, stimmen Sie der Cookie-Verwendung und der Verarbeitung von personenbezogenen Daten über Formulare zu. Zu unserer Datenschutzerklärung: Datenschutzerklärung