Zum Inhalt springen
Soundtrack Board

Two Soldiers DVD kommt doch nicht heraus

Teilen

Empfohlene Beiträge

Anfang des Jahres wurde ein DVD release des oscarprämierten Kurzfilms Two Soldiers von Aaron Schneider geplant. Das release sollte neben dem film auch den score von Alan Silvestri auf einer CD ähnlichen isolierten Tonspur beinhalten. Im alan-silvestri.com forum hat Aaron Schneider nun leider verlauten müssen, dass die DVD nach endlosen delays nun doch nicht herauskommen wird aufgrund von Ungereimtheiten mit der Distribution:

Hi everyone. Since everyone has been so supportive of the 'Two Soldiers' release - I thought I'd let you all know what's developed. For reasons unknown, it appears that the distribution company has decided not to release the DVD. Because the distribution company is also run by the Faulkner Estate's representative, it is very unlikely that another distribution company will be employed for an alternate release. I'm very sorry to say that it does't look like 'Two Soldiers' will be available soon or at any time in the near or not so near future. I did everything I could to encourage the release of the film but at present, it's out of my hands. Though I don't expect the situation to change, I'll be sure to let everyone know if it does. Aaron Schneider - Wr/Dr 'Two Soldiers'.

Allerdings besitzt Alan Silvestri die Rechte an der Musik, wodurch ein score release noch immer im Bereich des Möglichen sein kann.

Hier kommt noch ein quote von Aaron zum score und Silvestri selbst:

the score is beautiful and i worked very hard on sound quality to make sure al's work was in it's best light. he was very kind and generous to help me with this film and i know how hard emile works to bring you this sight so i wanted everyone to know what to expect. there are 10 cues that add up to about 22 minutes of music. al composed and conducted the score electronically using a new program called 'logic' that has streaming samples of real orchestral players and instrument sections. each attack and crecendo has to be digitally chosen and al sat at the computer and literally built these tracks from the ground up. it was an azmazing experience to watch him work. he even changed a cue last minute and spent an hour in front of me building it. al is a very spontaneous composer both on the sound stage and certainly in the digital room with me. it is also important to mention that the music played at the oscars was not al's score. in two soldiers, as in most of al's work, there is a central theme that is built upon with differnt colors and differnt arrangements to suit each particular cue. the theme in 'two soldiers' is akin, as al put it, to an athem that supports the dramatic nature of the story and the relationship of the two central characters. there are lighter cues, comedic cues and also very dramatic cues. again - thanks for your interest in the music and the project. aaron schneider writer/director - two soldiers

Man sollte dazu noch erwähnen, dass Alan Silvestri diesen score ohne bezahlung komponiert hat (bevor irgendwelche verdächtigungen wegen der digitalen produktion und media ventures vergleiche aufkommen).

Dein Kommentar

Du kannst jetzt schreiben und Dich später registrieren. Wenn Du ein Konto hast, melde Dich jetzt an, um unter Deinem Benutzernamen zu schreiben.

Gast
Auf dieses Thema antworten...

×   Du hast formatierten Text eingefügt.   Formatierung jetzt entfernen

Nur 75 Emojis sind erlaubt.

×   Dein Link wurde automatisch eingebettet.   Einbetten rückgängig machen und als Link darstellen

×   Dein vorheriger Inhalt wurde wiederhergestellt.   Editor leeren

×   Du kannst Bilder nicht direkt einfügen. Lade Bilder hoch oder lade sie von einer URL.

Teilen

• Neu erstellen...

Wichtige Information

Wir nutzen auf unserer Webseite Cookies, um Ihnen einen optimalen Service zu bieten. Wenn Sie weiter auf unserer Seite surfen, stimmen Sie der Cookie-Verwendung und der Verarbeitung von personenbezogenen Daten über Formulare zu. Zu unserer Datenschutzerklärung: Datenschutzerklärung