Zum Inhalt springen
Soundtrack Board

Howard Shore: THE SHROUDS

Teilen

Empfohlene Beiträge

Zitat

At 80 years of age, David Cronenberg is as efficient as ever.

The film was originally supposed to start production this past March, but casting issues resulted in minor delays. Léa Seydoux was replaced by Diane Kruger. She stars alongside Vincent Cassel and Guy Pearce in the film.

As guest of honor at the Zurich Film Festival, Kruger revealed that she's playing three roles in "The Shrouds": The wife of Cassel's character, the sister of the wife, and "an avatar, a sort of personal assistant". 

Kruger confirms that it's a film about grief and probably the “most personal film of Cronenberg’s career”, hinting that it’s actually about the recent passing of the legendary filmmaker’s wife:

“We just finished filming it. I think it might be his most personal film, because it talks about him and the passing of his wife […] I was very emotional making it, because I knew it was so close to him and he was a little bit detached because of it. I could feel him being so vulnerable. I hope it’s going to be great.

The plot of this mysterious sci-fi film is said to take place in a world where people can watch their deceased relatives decaying in real-time. Here’s a more thorough plot synopsis:

Cassel will play Karsh, an innovative businessman and grieving widower, who builds a novel device to connect with the dead inside a burial shroud. This burial tool installed at his own state-of-the-art – though controversial cemetery allows him and his clients to watch their specific departed loved one decompose in real time. Karsh’s revolutionary business is on the verge of breaking into the international mainstream when several graves within his cemetery are vandalized and nearly destroyed, including that of his wife. While he struggles to uncover a clear motive for the attack, the mystery of who wrought this havoc, and why, drive him to reevaluate his business, marriage and fidelity to his late wife’s memory, as well as push him to new beginnings.

Dein Kommentar

Du kannst jetzt schreiben und Dich später registrieren. Wenn Du ein Konto hast, melde Dich jetzt an, um unter Deinem Benutzernamen zu schreiben.

Gast
Auf dieses Thema antworten...

×   Du hast formatierten Text eingefügt.   Formatierung jetzt entfernen

Nur 75 Emojis sind erlaubt.

×   Dein Link wurde automatisch eingebettet.   Einbetten rückgängig machen und als Link darstellen

×   Dein vorheriger Inhalt wurde wiederhergestellt.   Editor leeren

×   Du kannst Bilder nicht direkt einfügen. Lade Bilder hoch oder lade sie von einer URL.

Teilen

• Neu erstellen...

Wichtige Information

Wir nutzen auf unserer Webseite Cookies, um Ihnen einen optimalen Service zu bieten. Wenn Sie weiter auf unserer Seite surfen, stimmen Sie der Cookie-Verwendung und der Verarbeitung von personenbezogenen Daten über Formulare zu. Zu unserer Datenschutzerklärung: Datenschutzerklärung