Zum Inhalt springen
Soundtrack Board

UMC: Stomu Yamash’ta & John Phillips - THE MAN WHO FELL TO EARTH

Teilen

Empfohlene Beiträge

160816Man-Who.jpg

The soundtrack to Nicolas Roeg‘s film, The Man Who Fell To Earth, is to be released for the first time.

The release coincides with the 40th anniversary reissue of Roeg’s film.

UMC will release the soundtrack on double CD on September 9 and as a double LP and deluxe 2 CD/2LP box set on November 18, which features a reproduction of the original theatrical poster and a 48 page hardback book with rare photos.

The book also contains enlightening notes from the movie’s editor Graeme Clifford who reveals that he used Pink Floyd’s Dark Side Of The Moon as a temp soundtrack while working on the film.

“On my original cut, I scored the entire movie to Pink Floyd’s Dark Side Of The Moon. I think I used every single track on the album. The whole movie was Pink Floyd except for the one piece at the end, and it worked beautifully. The movie was made for that score! I don’t know if there was any serious attempt to get Dark Side Of The Moon cleared for our project but obviously, that never happened.”

Alongside Stomu Yamash’ta, John Phillips composed and recorded much of the music for the film and the majority of Phillips’ compositions have been unavailable for 40 years.

The Man Who Fell To Earth will be back in cinemas in the UK on September 9, and available to own as a collector’s edition, Blu-Ray, DVD and download from October 24. You can find a full list of where the film is playing by clicking here.

The tracklisting is:

CD1

Stomu Yamashta – Poker Dice

Louis Armstrong – Blueberry Hill

John Phillips – Jazz II

Bournemouth Symphony Orchestra – Venus: The Bringer Of Peace

John Phillips – Boys From The South

Stomu Yamashta – 33 1/3

John Phillips – Rhumba Boogie

The Kingston Trio – Try To Remember

Stomu Yamashta – Mandala

John Phillips – America

Stomu Yamashta – Wind Words

John Phillips – Jazz

CD2

Stomu Yamashta – One Way

John Phillips – Space Capsule

John Phillips – Bluegrass Breakdown

John Phillips – Desert Shack

Stomu Yamashta – Memory Of Hiroshima

John Phillips – Window

John Phillips – Alberto

Bournemouth Symphony Orchestra – Mars: The Bringer Of War

John Phillips – Liar, Liar

John Phillips – Hello Mary Lou

Robert Farnon – Silent Night

Genevieve Waite – Love Is Coming Back

John Phillips – The Man Who Fell To Earth

Quelle: http://www.uncut.co.uk/news/man-fell-earth-original-soundtrack-due-release-90670#biAUTcIohku1OWEB.99

Dein Kommentar

Du kannst jetzt schreiben und Dich später registrieren. Wenn Du ein Konto hast, melde Dich jetzt an, um unter Deinem Benutzernamen zu schreiben.

Gast
Auf dieses Thema antworten...

×   Du hast formatierten Text eingefügt.   Formatierung jetzt entfernen

Nur 75 Emojis sind erlaubt.

×   Dein Link wurde automatisch eingebettet.   Einbetten rückgängig machen und als Link darstellen

×   Dein vorheriger Inhalt wurde wiederhergestellt.   Editor leeren

×   Du kannst Bilder nicht direkt einfügen. Lade Bilder hoch oder lade sie von einer URL.

Teilen

• Neu erstellen...

Wichtige Information

Wir nutzen auf unserer Webseite Cookies, um Ihnen einen optimalen Service zu bieten. Wenn Sie weiter auf unserer Seite surfen, stimmen Sie der Cookie-Verwendung und der Verarbeitung von personenbezogenen Daten über Formulare zu. Zu unserer Datenschutzerklärung: Datenschutzerklärung