Zum Inhalt springen
Soundtrack Board

Space Force (Staffel 1: Carter Burwell/Staffel 2: John Frizzell)

Teilen

Empfohlene Beiträge

Carter Burwell scheint derzeit auch gerne für Serien Musik zu schreiben.

Zitat

Carter Burwell (Fargo, Carol, Twilight, Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri, True Grit) has recently scored the first season of the upcoming Netflix original series Space Force. The show is created by Steve Carell & Greg Daniels (The Office, Parks and Recreation) and stars Carell himself, alongside John Malkovich, Diana Silvers, Tawny Newsome, Ben Schwartz, Lisa Kudrow, Jimmy O. Yang, Noah Emmerich, Alex Sparrow and Don Lake. The comedy revolves around a decorated pilot with dreams of running the Air Force as he is thrown for a loop when he finds himself tapped to lead the newly formed sixth branch of the US Armed Forces: Space Force. Daniels & Carell are also executive producing the 3Arts Entertainment production with Howard Klein (Jessica Jones, The Mindy Project). Space Force will premiere on May 29, 2020 exclusively on Netflix.

Burwell is also expected to return as the composer of the second season of Apple TV+’s The Morning Show.

• 1 Jahr später...

Ab Staffel zwei macht nun John Frizzell die Musik. 

Zitat

John Frizzell (Office Space, Alien: Resurrection,Beavis and Butt-Head Do America, The Following, Legion) is the new composer of the Netflix original series Space Force. He has recently scored the second season of the show created by Steve Carell & Greg Daniels (The Office) and starring Carell himself, John Malkovich, Ben Schwartz, Diana Silvers, Tawny Newsome, Jimmy O. Yang and Don Lake. The new season picks up with General Naird and his underdog team having to prove their worth to a new administration while dealing with interpersonal challenges. Daniels, Carell, Norm Hiscock, Howard Klein, Brent Forrester and Ken Kwapis are executive producing the project. Carter Burwell has previously composed the music for the first season, which premiered in 2020. Season 2 of Space Force is premiering today exclusively on Netflix.

• horner1980 änderte den Titel in Space Force (Staffel 1: Carter Burwell/Staffel 2: John Frizzell)
vor 12 Minuten schrieb ronin1975:

wie is die Musik von Burwell denn so? Und nett dass Frizzell mal wieder was macht...

Macht schon viel Spaß sie zu hören. Hör am besten selbst rein: Carter Burwell - Space Force

Da schreibt auch Carter Burwell über das Projekt. 

Zitat

When my agent told me a Netflix show was looking for a composer, he assumed I'd pass on it as I have many TV shows over the years. But once I heard Greg Daniels was writing/producing, I wanted to discuss it with him. I told Greg I saw something Coplandeque in Steve Carell's character - an American Common Man but also a patriot with grand aspirations

I felt that his goofiness would be accentuated by a noble musical background, and this music would also play the grand ambitions of Space Force. Greg asked if we could record it with orchestra. I said I'd like to if Netflix would pay for it, and amazingly they did.

When I began working on Space Force I'd only read scripts for the first half of the season. Every episode has a different focus and a somewhat different tone. Some are more satiric, some warmer, some take on real issues like the conflict between a military outlook and a scientific one.

In some Gen. Naird is running all the time (while trying to appear cool and confident) and I mixed a drumline for pace with upright bass for funk. In some episodes the intimacy of acoustic guitar was needed. There's even balalaika for a visiting Russian comsonaut. But most of the time brass plays both Gen. Naird and the milieu of Space Force.

Because of the range of tones and subjects, it seems misleading to call the show a comedy, but what else are you going to call it? The score isn't typical of half-hour television comedy, but in the streaming world of 2020 categories like these probably don't make much sense.

Soweit ich weiß, wurde der Score ja leider nicht veröffentlicht. 

Dein Kommentar

Du kannst jetzt schreiben und Dich später registrieren. Wenn Du ein Konto hast, melde Dich jetzt an, um unter Deinem Benutzernamen zu schreiben.

Gast
Auf dieses Thema antworten...

×   Du hast formatierten Text eingefügt.   Formatierung jetzt entfernen

Nur 75 Emojis sind erlaubt.

×   Dein Link wurde automatisch eingebettet.   Einbetten rückgängig machen und als Link darstellen

×   Dein vorheriger Inhalt wurde wiederhergestellt.   Editor leeren

×   Du kannst Bilder nicht direkt einfügen. Lade Bilder hoch oder lade sie von einer URL.

Teilen

• Neu erstellen...

Wichtige Information

Wir nutzen auf unserer Webseite Cookies, um Ihnen einen optimalen Service zu bieten. Wenn Sie weiter auf unserer Seite surfen, stimmen Sie der Cookie-Verwendung und der Verarbeitung von personenbezogenen Daten über Formulare zu. Zu unserer Datenschutzerklärung: Datenschutzerklärung