Zum Inhalt springen
Soundtrack Board

Neue Webseite zum Thema Komponisten: Composer Base

Marcus Stöhr
 Teilen

Empfohlene Beiträge

Well, some of you may recall my hunt for Buffy The Vampire Slayer season 5 & 6 composer Thomas Wanker - Whose been working with composer Harald Kloser for many years now.

I finally found Wanker after about 4 years search.

It poped into my head to create a website for the guy. I loved his work for Buffy and I wanted to learn HTML. Damnit.

Shortly before I found Wanker, I stumbled upon composer Tony Morales, who did a good chunck of work for season 6 of BTVS.

It hit me - why not create a website for both composers? Or all the BTVS composers!

But then an even better idea hit me - why not create a site for composers who do not have websites?

I thought about it, then started learning HTML and about a week after the initial creation of my site, I stumbled upon a now dead and completely gone site called composernet.

It had various composers on it, including Ken Throne. And they had sound clips and all such.

This led me to seriously consider going threw with it.

So I set out finding composers I like and orchestrators from scores I like, to see if they'd want to be a part.

Response was pretty quick and within a few months I had four different composers - including Tony Morales.

But then Thomas Wanker changed his mind, citing his own little site. Despite it being out of date, lacking capital letters at the beginning of almsot every sentace and content. I left an open invitation for him smile.gif

Things wnt along hard. Learning HTML was a bitch for someone diving head-first into a pool they had never seen.

But I got better and better and time pased as I worked on it and it came to the point where I wanted to premiere the site in January and Upgraded it so sound clips and no pop-ups would improve the site.

I asked for a small amount of money from each composer and eventually it happend - my living situation was ONCE AGAIN in peril (I'll resurrect the thread I made about an FSM thread turning into me, again and update you guys - that care) and luckily I had jsut gotten 100.00 from my mother for X-Mas.

So I filled in the rest with that and there you have it!

It was thrilling. I uploaded some sound clips and stuff.

But realizations hit. Some composers were just too busy to reply; scoring movies, orchestrating for blockbusters or building a studio for another composer.

As a result, some pages are blank - for now.

And some composers respectually declined. Amotz Plessner said he was creating his own site, David & Eric Wurst are considering starting their own, Michael McCuistion never replied to the two messages I left on his answering machine, Lolita Ritmanis's number is in Private Listing and more, but the biggest blow:

My initial intention was for Wanker and Morales, but Morales left the ship before it sailed, about a week ago. :-(

Now I don't have either of the composers who inspired the site's creation.

But I remain optimistic with at least five other composers who have expressed interest and am awaiting reply from three of them currently.

With all this said:

I am proud to announce a site seven months in the making:

http://www.composerbase.150m.com

You'll excuse me if I'm a bit unnaturally giddy.

Neben der Composer Base, hat Boggan noch 2 weitere Seiten die sich großem Zulauf erfreuen: Rejected Film Scores List & The David Newman Fanpage.

Bei seinem Projekt können wir zumindest im ersten Teil mithalten.

Ich weise niemanden zurück, der gerne mit auf unsere http://www.filmmusik-komponisten.de Seite kommen möchte. Einzige Voraussetzung ist, dass ich alle nötigen Informationen und ein Foto bekomme!

;-)

Lieben Gruß

Eraser

Dein Kommentar

Du kannst jetzt schreiben und Dich später registrieren. Wenn Du ein Konto hast, melde Dich jetzt an, um unter Deinem Benutzernamen zu schreiben.

Gast
Auf dieses Thema antworten...

×   Du hast formatierten Text eingefügt.   Formatierung jetzt entfernen

Nur 75 Emojis sind erlaubt.

×   Dein Link wurde automatisch eingebettet.   Einbetten rückgängig machen und als Link darstellen

×   Dein vorheriger Inhalt wurde wiederhergestellt.   Editor leeren

×   Du kannst Bilder nicht direkt einfügen. Lade Bilder hoch oder lade sie von einer URL.

Teilen

• Neu erstellen...

Wichtige Information

Wir nutzen auf unserer Webseite Cookies, um Ihnen einen optimalen Service zu bieten. Wenn Sie weiter auf unserer Seite surfen, stimmen Sie der Cookie-Verwendung und der Verarbeitung von personenbezogenen Daten über Formulare zu. Zu unserer Datenschutzerklärung: Datenschutzerklärung