Zum Inhalt springen
Soundtrack Board

MusicBoxRecords: Ennio Morricone - LOLITA (Special Limited Edition)

horner1980
 Teilen

Empfohlene Beiträge

LOLITA (REISSUE)

lolita.jpg

Music Composed, Orchestrated and Conducted by Ennio Morricone

Remastered reissue with new CD artwork.

75 minutes long program. Edition supervised by Claudio Fuiano and Daniel Winkler.

8-page CD booklet with liner notes by Gergely Hubai.

Music Box Records - Limited Collector's Edition

Music Box Records is pleased to reissue the expanded CD of Lolita (1997), Ennio Morricone’s classic score for Adrian Lyne’s controversial adaptation of the Vladmir Nabokov novel. Starring Jeremy Irons, Melanie Griffith, Frank Langella and Dominique Swain, this version had to contend with the shadow of the earlier adaptation made by Stanley Kubrick.

In 2013, Music Box Records released this expanded edition which was quickly sold out in less than two months.

Nabokov’s novel tells the tale of Humbert Humbert, a university professor who falls in love with the daughter of his landlady. His love for the teen-aged nymphette Lolita knows no boundaries so he marries his shrewish mother in order to be close to the girl. Before his new wife could oust him as a pervert, Humbert gets widowed and must take of Lolita – a sweet burden he happily carries across the country. Their cross-country adventure is followed by the mysterious Clare Quilty who has his own plans for Lolita...

For Lolita, Ennio Morricone contributed one of his most memorable and melodramatic scores that work wonderfully alongside Lyne’s slow-motion images filled with erotic tension. As the composer himself described the project: "With my music, I only had to follow on a high level the director's intentions to make Lolita a story of sincere and reciprocal love, even within the limits of the purity and malicious naiveté of its young subject."

Mastered by Claudio Fuiano and Daniel Winkler, this new reissue by Music Box Records with a brand new artwork expands upon the original Milan Records soundtracks by omitting the period songs and adding more music by the Maestro. Highlights include different variations of the main theme and the "Requiescant" theme which features the guest performance of the Coro di Voci Bianche dell'Arcum children's choir.

LOLITA    

1. Lolita** (4:15)

2. Love in the Morning (3:37)

3. Ladies and Gentlemen of the Jury* (1:26)

4. Take Me to Bed (2:51)

5. Togetherness / Lolita* (2:58)

6. Requiescant (2:10)

7. Lolita On Humbert's Lap (3:34)

8. She had nowhere else to go (3:19)

9. What About Me (1:41)

10. Lolita* (1:21)

11. She had nowhere else to go* (1:56)

12. Togetherness (2:32)

13. Lolita* (2:11)

14. Quilty (4:14)

15. Love in the Morning* (2:01)

16. She had nowhere else to go* (2:58)

17. Togetherness / Lolita* (3:03)

18. Requiescant (alternate)* (1:53)

19. Lolita In My Arms (1:37)

20. She had nowhere else to go* (2:39)

21. What About Me* (1:52)

22. Love in the Morning* (1:36)

23. Humbert's Diary (2:57)

24. Lolita* (1:15)

25. Togetherness* (2:28)

26. She had nowhere else to go* (3:42)

27. Humbert on the Hillside (1:42)

28. Lolita* (1:30)

29. Ladies and Gentlemen of the Jury (2:20)

30. Lolita (finale) (4:07)

Total Time • 77:03

* previously unreleased

** contains unreleased material

Quelle: http://www.musicbox-records.com/en/cd-soundtracks/2642-lolita.html

Dein Kommentar

Du kannst jetzt schreiben und Dich später registrieren. Wenn Du ein Konto hast, melde Dich jetzt an, um unter Deinem Benutzernamen zu schreiben.

Gast
Auf dieses Thema antworten...

×   Du hast formatierten Text eingefügt.   Formatierung jetzt entfernen

Nur 75 Emojis sind erlaubt.

×   Dein Link wurde automatisch eingebettet.   Einbetten rückgängig machen und als Link darstellen

×   Dein vorheriger Inhalt wurde wiederhergestellt.   Editor leeren

×   Du kannst Bilder nicht direkt einfügen. Lade Bilder hoch oder lade sie von einer URL.

Teilen

• Neu erstellen...

Wichtige Information

Wir nutzen auf unserer Webseite Cookies, um Ihnen einen optimalen Service zu bieten. Wenn Sie weiter auf unserer Seite surfen, stimmen Sie der Cookie-Verwendung und der Verarbeitung von personenbezogenen Daten über Formulare zu. Zu unserer Datenschutzerklärung: Datenschutzerklärung