Zum Inhalt springen
Soundtrack Board

- Ilan Eshkeri meets THOR!

Thomas Nofz
 Teilen

Empfohlene Beiträge

Wie FilmusikcWeekly vermeldet, verschlägt es STARDUST-Komponist Ilan Eshkeri bei seinem nächsten Projekt ins Comic-Genre, erneut unter der Regie von Matthew Vaughn:

DNA Music, Ilan Eshkeris agency in the UK, claims that the composer is already attached to Stardust director Matthew Vaughns next film, THOR, produced by Marvel Enterprises. Based on the comic books by Stan Lee, the film will tell the story about medical student Donald Blake and his alterego, the Norse warrior, Thor. Eshkeri recently wrote an epic symphonic score for Vaughns STARDUST.

Das könnte erneut ein schöner kleiner Comic-"Klopper" werden... Eshkeris STARDUST als "Fingerübung" klang ja gar nicht mal soooo schlecht.

Cheers, Thomas

Danke Grubdo für den Hinweis! ;)

Hier noch einmal für alle Interessenten der entsprechende Artikel bei Ain´tItCool:

Mark Protosevich's brilliant THOR script to be directed by STARDUST's Matthew Vaughn!!!

Hey folks, Harry here... The week before I got married, I got a whole host of scripts. About 20 to be exact and in and amongst those was the latest script by Mark Protosevich (I AM LEGEND, JOHN CARTER OF MARS)... THOR.

I'm a huge THOR geek. Even got that Mjolnir replica they issued a few years back - and I constantly hope a burglar breaks into my house so I can smash his face with my uru hammer. (joke... kinda).

So when this script hit... I'm a huge fan of Protosevich... worked with him for quite some time on John Carter and he's a great guy to work with... intensely passionate about the material he's working on... and I kinda hate that I didn't get the script from Mark, cuz when he turned in his draft on JOHN CARTER - it came accompanied with a soundtrack cd he had made (that looked like Mars) that was made up of the music he was listening to, as he wrote the script. Richard Kelly does this too.

Anyway - I sat down and dove into the script. This isn't a Donald Blake, doctor on vacation story. Instead, this is a genuine TALES OF ASGARD story. In the first few pages the creation of everything takes place... the origin of the gods, their universe and how midgard (that's are place in the universe) came to be.

It has Thor and Loki as brothers - the best of friends... and it shows how that goes bad. The origin of the uru hammer, Thor being thrown from Asgard to being a mere mortal... it's a HUGE story - easily the most awesome script that a MARVEL project has ever had.

About 3 weeks ago, I heard they were talking to Matthew Vaughn... I'm a huge fan of Matthew's STARDUST. However, I'm sure Matthew knows this... but the tone of STARDUST and this THOR script are very very different. There can be no tongue in cheek, no broad comedy... this is an intense story or deception, quests and battles amongst gods. Protosevich channeled all the best from Kirby's universe and I hope to Odin that they take their visual cue from his work.

This has the chance to literally kick everything we have coming up's ass.

It's an epic step forward in ambition for Matthew Vaughn - I know MARVEL loves this script - I just hope they allow this project to live up to its potential. Now they have the hardest task of all... finding Thor. Me - there's a half crazed part of me that wants Ernest Borgnine to play ODIN - ala his Ragnar from THE VIKINGS. But that's probably just me.

THOR... braucht man denn das? Nen langhaariger, gelockter Typ mit albernem Helm und Hammer? wow... langsam gehen denen echt die Comics aus... lol

anyway... STARDUST fand ich einen schamlosen Horner/Zimmer-Ripoff... handwerklich gut gemacht und durchaus anhörbar, aber eben auch sehr schamlos. Braucht man nicht...

THOR... braucht man denn das? Nen langhaariger, gelockter Typ mit albernem Helm und Hammer? wow... langsam gehen denen echt die Comics aus... lol

anyway... STARDUST fand ich einen schamlosen Horner/Zimmer-Ripoff... handwerklich gut gemacht und durchaus anhörbar, aber eben auch sehr schamlos. Braucht man nicht...

Wirklich? Ist genau das was ich brauche. ;)

Dein Kommentar

Du kannst jetzt schreiben und Dich später registrieren. Wenn Du ein Konto hast, melde Dich jetzt an, um unter Deinem Benutzernamen zu schreiben.

Gast
Auf dieses Thema antworten...

×   Du hast formatierten Text eingefügt.   Formatierung jetzt entfernen

Nur 75 Emojis sind erlaubt.

×   Dein Link wurde automatisch eingebettet.   Einbetten rückgängig machen und als Link darstellen

×   Dein vorheriger Inhalt wurde wiederhergestellt.   Editor leeren

×   Du kannst Bilder nicht direkt einfügen. Lade Bilder hoch oder lade sie von einer URL.

Teilen

• Neu erstellen...

Wichtige Information

Wir nutzen auf unserer Webseite Cookies, um Ihnen einen optimalen Service zu bieten. Wenn Sie weiter auf unserer Seite surfen, stimmen Sie der Cookie-Verwendung und der Verarbeitung von personenbezogenen Daten über Formulare zu. Zu unserer Datenschutzerklärung: Datenschutzerklärung