Zum Inhalt springen
Soundtrack Board

Marco Beltrami vertont SNOWPIERCER und WARM BODIES

Empfohlene Beiträge

Ich sage weder, dass es zeitgemäss, noch das es vernüftig ist, aber ich verweigere mich einer Kreditkarte ebenso wie PayPal. Bin damit auch nicht alleine. Insofern...

Wobei man eben weder beim Soundtrack-Club noch bei Amazon per Kreditkarte oder PayPal zahlen muss. 

Scheinbar haben wir Glück...

Two weeks ago, it was reported Korean director Bong Joon-ho wasn’t upset with Harvey Weinstein over the distributor’s order to cut 20 minutes from his new film Snowpiercer as a condition of American release, but now the director’s taking a different tack. It’s not like the 126-minute Snowpiercer is monstrously bloated considering seemingly every summer blockbuster this year clocked in around 150 minutes, but the notoriously cut-happy Weinstein Company wants the film shortened for maximum comprehension across the country. Bong was quoted as saying that “Weinstein is actually being pretty soft toward editing, probably because it’s noticed how critics have praised the film and know how angry movie fans get over new edits. They even asked me which parts I want to include in the film.”

Last week at a press conference the Deauville Film Festival, the director said it was flatly untrue he’d recut the film, saying he was “still negotiating about everything” with The Weinstein Company.  “In Korea, Japan, France, and many other European countries have all bought my director’s cut,” he observed. “And for North America we are still negotiating.” In a recent interview with Screen Daily, Bong made more unhappy statements about the prospect of whittling down the film, most of which was financed by Korean entertainment company CJ E&M. “I escaped CJ intervention but TWC has final cut on the U.S. version,” he said. “It’s my first time working like this. You have to be flexible and do a lot of convincing.”

“There’s no question that all English speaking audiences deserve to see director Bong’s cut, and we hope very much that we will all see it,” star Tilda Swinton chimed in at the conference. She didn’t leave it at that, going on to muse on how intense the film was, acting as a claustrophobic form of “aversion therapy” that leaves viewers with “relief that we can make life wider.” But, she added, “that’s two hours, not one hour and forty minutes.”

In other Snowpiercer news, there’s a new poster for its French release, which happens (in uncut form) on October 30. No American release is currently set, presumably pending an end to the recutting saga. Here’s that poster (via CloneWeb):

• 2 Monate später...

der Regisseur in einem Interview:

Marco Beltrami. I love the soundtrack in 3:10 to Yuma, the James Mangold remake. That music was very impressive and actually it was Marco Beltrami's agent who first tried to contact us. Marco really loved Mother, my previous film, and so we met in L.A.. He's a very shy guy but such a nice man.

Bearbeitet von Souchak

Dein Kommentar

Du kannst jetzt schreiben und Dich später registrieren. Wenn Du ein Konto hast, melde Dich jetzt an, um unter Deinem Benutzernamen zu schreiben.

Gast
Auf dieses Thema antworten...

×   Du hast formatierten Text eingefügt.   Formatierung jetzt entfernen

Nur 75 Emojis sind erlaubt.

×   Dein Link wurde automatisch eingebettet.   Einbetten rückgängig machen und als Link darstellen

×   Dein vorheriger Inhalt wurde wiederhergestellt.   Editor leeren

×   Du kannst Bilder nicht direkt einfügen. Lade Bilder hoch oder lade sie von einer URL.

Teilen

• Neu erstellen...

Wichtige Information

Wir nutzen auf unserer Webseite Cookies, um Ihnen einen optimalen Service zu bieten. Wenn Sie weiter auf unserer Seite surfen, stimmen Sie der Cookie-Verwendung und der Verarbeitung von personenbezogenen Daten über Formulare zu. Zu unserer Datenschutzerklärung: Datenschutzerklärung