Zum Inhalt springen
Soundtrack Board

Film/TV News

Scorechaser
 Teilen

Empfohlene Beiträge

Following the success of his big-screen debut in Super 8, 15-year-old Joel Courtney has just landed a couple more projects. Variety reports that the actor is currently in talks to star as Tom Sawyer in Tom Sawyer & Huckleberry Finn and he’s also in negotiations for the indie The Healer. Tom Sawyer will be written and directed by Jo Kastner, based on the classic Mark Twain tale. Filming is scheduled to begin this August in Bulgaria, because it’s the one place in the world that looks exactly like 1850’s Missouri.

Additionally, Courtney is in negotiations to star in the indie pic The Healer. Written and directed by Giorgio Serafini, the film centers on two young boys who go out into the woods with their ailing father to renew their bond, only to encounter a supernatural adventure, as all stories that begin with kids going into the woods with their sick dad do. Production is set to get underway this September in North Carolina.

Quelle: Joel Courtney in Talks for TOM SAWYER & HUCKLEBERRY FINN and THE HEALER

Gut! ... denn der Junge ist wirklich gut!

Csongor, mal wieder nicht den Beitrag vor dir gelesen oder wolltest du nur meine Film News zitieren :rolleyes:

Hier ein kurzes Interview mit Seth Gordon über das geplante WarGames Remake

This afternoon, Collider got the opportunity to do an exclusive phone interview with director Seth Gordon, to talk about his hilarious and outrageous new comedy Horrible Bosses, out in theaters on July 8th. Since it was just announced that he has signed on to develop the remake of the 1983 sci-fi thriller WarGames, that co-starred Matthew Broderick and Ally Sheedy, we were able to talk to him about that as well.

While we will run the portion of the interview about Horrible Bosses closer to that film’s release date, we wanted to post what he had to say about his WarGames remake today. Gordon told us that he was attracted to the project because he loves the original and is a bit of a hacker fanatic himself, he has a real point-of-view on the material and how the world has changed since the original film, and that he sees the attention on the project as a cool challenge to make the best film they possibly can. Check out what he had to say after the jump.

Question: Is the remake of WarGames the thing that you’re going to be focusing on next?

SETH GORDON: That’s a big project, and I’m going to be focusing on it immediately, but not exclusively. It will take a long time ‘cause we have to write it and then cast it. It’s a lot of steps. I’m hoping to get that going, and also sneak a smaller film, in between.

What is it about that film that appeals to you and made you feel like it was something that you could put your own stamp on?

GORDON: I love the original. I’m a bit of a hacker fanatic, and know a fair bit about that industry and cyber crime and cyber warfare. I have a real point-of-view on the material and how things have changed. And also, I think the politics of the world have changed in really fascinating ways since 1983. There’s no longer a monolithic evil empire somewhere, spreading a different philosophy of life. That doesn’t exist. It’s a much more complicated, nuanced, political world we’re in, and I think that actually makes for a more interesting plot to tell. Frankly, cyber attack is a lot more real.

As a filmmaker who, up until now, has gotten to make films without the attention being on them until they’re done, is it daunting to have so much attention focused on you for a project, pretty much as soon as you sign on the dotted line?

GORDON: No, I think it’s fine. I prepared myself mentally already for those who love the original so much that they’ll never like what we do, no matter what it is. That’s just a given. And then, beyond that, I just think it’s about trusting our instincts and making the best film we possibly can. I don’t find that daunting. I find it a cool challenge, honestly.

Quelle: Director Seth Gordon Interview WARGAMES Remake

Erfreuliche Nachrichten:

Warren Beatty ist zurück und plant einen Film über Howard Hughes.

Warren Beatty plant Kino-Comeback

Hollywood-Legende und Oscarpreisträger Warren Beatty dreht nach langen Jahren wieder einen Film: Der berühmte Schauspieler wird den steinreichen Geschäftsmann Howard Hughes verkörpern, der zuletzt von Leonardo DiCaprio unter Regie von Martin Scorsese in "Aviator" verkörpert wurde.

Mit diesem Comeback hat man sogar in Hollywood nicht mehr gerechnet: Superstar und Multitalent Warren Beatty dreht für die Paramount seinen ersten Film seit der sarkastischen Polit-Komödie "Bulworth" aus dem Jahr 1998. In dem bislang noch unbetitelten Projekt wird er den berühmten Öl-Milliardär Howard Hughes verkörpern, der am 5. April 1976 bei einem Flugzeugabsturz ums Leben kam. Es handelt sich allerdings nicht um ein Biopic: Ein Teil der Handlung dreht sich um eine Affäre, die Hughes im hohen Alter mit einer jungen Frau hatte.

Warren Beatty wurde berühmt durch die Rolle des Gangsters Clyde Barrow aus "Bonnie und Clyde" (1967). Er schrieb, inszenierte und produzierte viele seiner Filme und drehte Kassenschlager und Großprojekte wie "Shampoo" (1975), "Der Himmel soll warten" (1978), "Reds" (1981) und "Dick Tracy" (1990). Insgesamt brachten seine Filme der Paramount 21 Oscar-Nominierungen und zahlreiche weitere Preise ein. Auf der Leinwand war Beatty zuletzt in Peter Chelsoms Boulevardkomödie "Stadt, Land, Kuss" aus dem Jahr 2001 zu sehen.

Beatty plant sein Regie-Comeback seit mehreren Jahren und will in seinem neuen Film eine illustre Starbesetzung versammeln. Im Gespräch sind unter anderem Jack Nicholson, Annette Bening (mit der Beatty vier Kinder hat), Shia LaBeouf, Andrew Garfield, Rooney Mara, Evan Rachel Wood und Alec Baldwin.

Das Leben des genialen Sonderlings Howard Hughes wurde mehrfach verfilmt, unter anderem 1964 mit George Peppard in "Die Unersättlichen", 1977 mit Tommy Lee Jones in "Howard Hughes - Eine Legende" und 2004 mit Leonardo DiCaprio in "Aviator". Auf die Hughes-Version des 74-jährigen Warren Beatty darf man gespannt sein.

Quelle: Neuer Kinofilm über Howard Hughes: Warren Beatty plant Kino-Comeback - Cinema.de

Kommt eventuell sogar Toy Story 4

One of the most critically praised and highest grossing trilogies might not be a trilogy after all. That is, if Tom Hanks, voice of Woody in the Toy Story franchise, is to be believed. Hanks was doing international press for his upcoming film Larry Crowne when he sat down for an interview with the BBCs Breakfast News (via Bleeding Cool) and spilled the beans. When asked if there would be a Toy Story 4, Hanks responded:

I think there will be yeah. Yeah, yeah. I think theyre working on it now. There you go.

Hit the jump for my thoughts on news of a fourth installment in the Toy Story franchise.

There are two immediate gut reactions to the news. One of elation and one of awe. As a Pixar fan, I would love to see another Toy Story film but I also do not want the franchise run into the ground with endless sequels. Considering the Hawaiian Vacation short that played in front of Cars 2, it is obvious that Pixar is at ease with the characters and it just feels right. Not to mention the fact that Toy Story 3 made over $1 billion worldwide, so theres a bit of a financial incentive to keep going as well. So far, this is the first mention of a fourth installment that I can recall, as it did seem quite clear that Toy Story 3 was the final chapter, sending the gang off to live in a happily ever after way.

What do you think readers? Are you game for a fourth film, or is this going overboard? Alternatively, do you doubt they are even going to make a fourth movie? We did mention an untitled Pixar film set for a November 27th, 2013 release, but the studio specifically said it would be an original film and not a sequel. For now, Ill side with Hanks, but we will definitely keep yall posted on future developments.

Quelle: Tom Hanks Says Pixar is Working On TOY STORY 4

Nochmal was zu Transformers 3:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63VJAeCFehM]YouTube - ‪Transformers 3: Die Herzogin / Glücksbunny‬‏[/ame]

Ja, über den Megan Fox-Ersatz kann man ruhig hinwegsehen ... werde sie beim Schauen des Films so gut wie möglich ignorieren und versuchen mich nicht über die deutsche Synchro aufzuregen ...

• 2 Wochen später...

Spike Lee macht mal wieder einen Film B)

Spike Lee Confirmed to Direct Oldboy

Source: Mandate Pictures

July 11, 2011

oldboyremake.jpgMandate Pictures announced today that Spike Lee (Inside Man) will direct Oldboy, a remake of the highly-acclaimed South Korean film. Mark Protosevich has adapted the screenplay and will co-produce. Roy Lee and Doug Davison (The Departed, The Grudge) will produce. The film is a Vertigo Entertainment/40 Acres & A Mule Production. Mandate President Nathan Kahane will executive produce.

"It's a great honor to put this special project into the hands of such a gifted writer and iconic director," said Kahane.

Oldboy tells the story of a man who is kidnapped and imprisoned on his daughters birthday. For fifteen years, he is held captive, and, upon his release, must begin his journey to find the reason for his imprisonment. He soon finds out that his kidnapper has plans for him more tortuous than his solitary confinement. The original film, released in 2003, directed by Chan-wook Park won the Grand Prize Jury Award at the 2004 Cannes Film Festival.

Spike Lee and Mark Protosevich are represented by CAA. Dan Freedman, SVP of business affairs, negotiated the deals for Mandate.

Quelle: Spike Lee Confirmed to Direct Oldboy - ComingSoon.net

So Arnie kommt wohl nun doch zurück B)

Arnold Schwarzenegger Confirmed to Star in Western THE LAST STAND; Shooting Begins in September

Arnold Schwarzeneggers plans to revitalize his acting career hit a snag when, to the surprise of no one, it was revealed he had a love child with his maid. Projects like Terminator 5, Cry Macho, and The Governator fell by the wayside, but now Deadline is reporting that the ex-governor plans to test his post-scandal popularity with Kim Ji-Woons western The Last Stand. This implies that Schwarzenegger had pre-scandal popularity and I seriously doubt that he did, or at least nowhere near as much as he had before he became governor.

We reported back in April that Schwarzenegger was in talks to play a border sheriff who must keep an escaped drug dealer from crossing into Mexico. A Lionsgate exec tells Deadline, Its an old-fashioned Western specifically designed for a 63-year-old broken-down guy with a moral decision whether Arnold decides to stand up for his town. We always needed an iconic figure for it. So its High Noon? Actually, Ji-Woon (I Saw the Devil) previously said that it was a mix between Die Hard and High Noon, so that sounds good. Last Stand is budget for $30 million and is expected to start shooting this September.

Quelle: Arnold Schwarzenegger Confirmed to Star in Western LAST STAND; Shooting Begins in September

na kostet ja nur 30 mille, das wird das ding schon einspielen, der Regisseur is aber der Hammer, warum der sich so ein Projekt für Hollywood aussucht is mir schleierhaft, aber wer weiss, das kann ne gute Gewaltgroteske werden, wie man sie von Arnie wohl nicht erwarten würde...

warum die amis asiatische filme dauernd neu drehen müssen, ist mir etwas schleierhaft, vorallem wenn der asiatische film schon richtig gut war. war ja bei the departed auch schon so. die können wohl nicht akzeptieren, dass richtig gute filme auch aus anderen ländern kommen können.

warum die amis asiatische filme dauernd neu drehen müssen, ist mir etwas schleierhaft, vorallem wenn der asiatische film schon richtig gut war. war ja bei the departed auch schon so. die können wohl nicht akzeptieren, dass richtig gute filme auch aus anderen ländern kommen können.

Früher kamen die Film-Vorlagen aus Europa, heute Asien, die Regisseure aus Lateinamerika oder Skandinavien. Das ist der Preis, den man in Hollywood dafür zahlt, nur Mittelmass und Werberfilmer zu fördern.

Ausserdem: Jeder Asien-Bezug kokettiert immer auch mit dem Markt China...

Und noch was - der US-Kinogänger liest nicht gerne Untertitel, das war schon immer so. Und synchronisiert wird da nicht.

angeblich hält sich der Oldboy Film überhaupt nicht an die Vorlage. Hoffentlich sehen wir dann eine Adaption und nicht nur ein Remake

Besonders da es hier ja nicht irgendein Regisseur ist, sondern Spike Lee.. wo man mit Sicherheit seinen Stil im Film wiederfinden wird B)

Und nochwas zu "Departed", ich weiß dass ich da mit meiner Meinung alleine dastehe... aber ich find den Film von Scorsese sogar besser als das Original :)

Ist halt einfach eine Geschmackssache....

Ein Remake oder Adaption kann auch mal besser werden... man darf nur nicht mit dem Gedanken "Boah schon wieder so ein blödes US-Remake eines so tollen Films" in das Remake/Adaption gehen, dann wird man von vornehinein enttäuscht.

Einfach abwarten.. meckern kann man danach immer noch ;)

Und nochwas zu "Departed", ich weiß dass ich da mit meiner Meinung alleine dastehe... aber ich find den Film von Scorsese sogar besser als das Original B)

Ketzerei! :)

Ich mag beide Versionen, INFERNAL AFFAIRS und DEPARTED. Letzterer kriegt leichten Punktabzug für Jack N., erstgenannter einen Hauch von Plus für ein deutlich ... zynischeres Ende (bei dem der Bad Guy eben keine gerechte Strafe erhält).

solln die amis mal immer machen. solange was interessantes bei rauskommt und nicht nur ein misslungener versuch es besser als die asiaten machen zu wollen ist das schon in ordnung. denn das gefühl hatte ich bei departed. mit einem bombencast und einem superduper regisseur den asiaten zeigen, dass die amis einen so genialen film noch genialer drehen können. dass das gründlich für mich in die hose ging, haben sie zum großteil auch jack nicholson und matt damon zu verdanken.

Neues von EVIL DEAD 4 B)

Fans of the Evil Dead franchise have been clamoring for a fourth film for decades. Theyve imagined Freddy vs. Jason vs. Ash and theyve taken comfort in the Evil Dead-style spookablast of Sam Raimis Drag Me to Hell. But hard news of an actual sequel has been scarce. However, today offers the most promising news yet for Evil Dead 4. Dread Central reports that editor Bob Murawski (Army of Darkness) has gone to Detroit to begin work on the project, which will be a small indie thing like the first two. But when star Bruce Campbell was questioned by a fan on Twitter about the projects veracity, he responded, Believe in the remake, dawg! The project is real. In the works. Cool as hell. Scary as hell.

I believe the correct response to that news is Groovy. Hit the jump for my thoughts on the sequel.

There are some franchises that I believe should be left dormant, but Im always up for another Evil Dead film. Raimi showed he still has his horror-comedy chops with Drag Me to Hell and the storyline of the Evil Dead films thus far has been the loosest of trilogies. It is interesting that Campbell says the new installment will be Scary as hell, since the last film in the series, Army of Darkness, ditched almost all the scares in favor of comedy. The other question is whether or not this will be a true sequel or a kind of reboot that keeps Ash but sets up a new protagonist for future movies.

Finally, theres the question if Raimi will even direct. Hes currently handling Oz, the Great and Powerful and that film isnt due to arrive until March 8, 2013. Still, as a low-budget indie, I can totally see Ash wielding his chainsaw once more.

Quelle: Bruce Campbell Says EVIL DEAD 4 Is Finally in the Works

so Godzilla hat seinen Drehbuchautor...

Für den geplanten Kinofilm "Godzilla" hat sich nun ein Drehbuchautor gefunden. David S. Goyer, der bereits die Bücher für Christopher Nolans "Batman"-Trilogie verfasste und zuletzt für Zack Snyders "Superman: Man of Steel" das Script schrieb, soll nun ein Drehbuch für den geplanten Actionfilm schreiben.

Ein erster Entwurf von David Callaham liegt bereits vor. Für die Regie ist Gareth Edwards ("Monsters") mit an Bord. Das japanische Filmmonster eroberte erstmals in den 50er Jahren die Kinos und wurde bereits in zahlreichen Verfilmungen dargestellt. Zuletzt in Roland Emmerichs Blockbuster "Godzilla" aus dem Jahr 1998. Warner Bros. Pictures bringt nun die Neuverfilmung "Godzilla" in die Kinos, eine Besetzung ist noch nicht gefunden.

Quelle: Gareth Edwards "Godzilla" findet Drehbuchautor | Kino News | Cinefacts.de

Dein Kommentar

Du kannst jetzt schreiben und Dich später registrieren. Wenn Du ein Konto hast, melde Dich jetzt an, um unter Deinem Benutzernamen zu schreiben.

Gast
Auf dieses Thema antworten...

×   Du hast formatierten Text eingefügt.   Formatierung jetzt entfernen

Nur 75 Emojis sind erlaubt.

×   Dein Link wurde automatisch eingebettet.   Einbetten rückgängig machen und als Link darstellen

×   Dein vorheriger Inhalt wurde wiederhergestellt.   Editor leeren

×   Du kannst Bilder nicht direkt einfügen. Lade Bilder hoch oder lade sie von einer URL.

Teilen

• Neu erstellen...

Wichtige Information

Wir nutzen auf unserer Webseite Cookies, um Ihnen einen optimalen Service zu bieten. Wenn Sie weiter auf unserer Seite surfen, stimmen Sie der Cookie-Verwendung und der Verarbeitung von personenbezogenen Daten über Formulare zu. Zu unserer Datenschutzerklärung: Datenschutzerklärung