Zum Inhalt springen
Soundtrack Board

Film/TV News

Scorechaser
 Teilen

Empfohlene Beiträge

Wobei ich mich schon bei A.I. gefragt habe, wie Spielberg in einem Jahr runterkurbeln kann, wofür Kubrick jahrelange Vorbereitungen benötigte. Und dann war der Film sogar gut (bis auf die letzten 20 Minuten).

Wollte Kubrick nicht warten, bis man die Effekte so hinbekam, wie er sie wollte? Er hat das Projekt wohl schon seit Anfang der 80er entwickelt und hat Spielberg damals schon vorgeschlagen, die Regie zu übernehmen, da die Geschichte Spielbergs Art besser entsprach als Kubricks, zumindest sagt Steven das im Making of zum Film, aber Spielberg wollte das nicht annehmen, bat sich aber an, den Film zu produzieren. Im Making of wird daraufhin ja auch sehr schön eine Parallele zwischen dem kleinen Jungen David und dem Gigolo Joe gezogen, quasi als Metapher für Spielberg und Kubrick.

Kubrick war ja dafür bekannt, nicht gerade schnell neue Projekte zu verwirklichen, vielleicht hat er einfach kein so großes Interesse an A.I. gehabt, wenn er den schon nicht selbst machen wollte. "Full Metal Jacket" und "Eyes wide shut" waren ihm dann wohl wichtiger.

Ja, die Effekte waren ein Grund. Irgendwie hatte er wohl auch schon seit den 80ern regelmäßig Kontakt gehalten zu irgendwelchen ILM-Leuten, um sich über die Machbarkeit auf dem Laufenden zu halten.

Ich hatte in den 90ern aber auch Berichte in der Space View und der TV Highlights gelesen, wonach Kubrick wohl hemmungslos überambitioniert an das Projekt heranging, gerade was das Zukunftsdesign, aber ebenso die Entwicklung der einzelnen Figuren anging.

Ansonsten muss man Spielberg wohl zugute halten, dass er halt ein recht fixer Regisseur ist - dem auch die entsprechenden Mittel zur Verfügung stehen.

A.I. bot als Projekt tatsächlich Überschneidungspunkte zwischen Kubrick und Spielberg, aber ob das bei NAPOLEON auch der Fall ist? Denke mal, das wäre bei Kubrick eher in eine philosophische Richtung gegangen, ähnlich wie BARRY LYNDON. Wenn Spielberg das Projekt nun zum Abschluss bringen würde, wäre das möglicherweise schon eine Verfälschung. Aber wer weiß.

Ich hoffe Spielberg dreht den Pilot zu der Serie, denn dann würde Williams die Musik dazu komponieren und wir hätten heuer wieder ein Williams-Score! :)

Wollte Kubrick nicht warten, bis man die Effekte so hinbekam, wie er sie wollte?

Kubrik hat langsam gearbeitet (bzw. er ist langsam vorangekommen) weil er aus jeder Einstellung das bestmögliche Ergebnis erzielen wollte. Spielberg ist nicht nur ein guter Regisseur, Visionär sonder auch ein gewiefter Geschäftsmann. Er weiß wie man schnell und effizient arbeitet. Kubrik war das Geld egal, er hat für seine Visionen gelebt. Ich weiß auch nicht, wie Spielberg, der das genaue Gegenteil von Kubrik ist, immer wieder Stoffe von Kubrik machen möchte :)

Von AI war ich alles andere als begeistert ... wenigstens hat uns Williams einen interessanten Score beschert!

Sam Raimi wird ja World of Warcraft nimmer machen... nun spricht er darüber und auch über Spider-Man und über Joss Whedon

Once upon a time, Spider-Man director Sam Raimi was set to direct the adaptation of Blizzard’s uber-successful MMORPG, World of Warcraft. It was a time for celebration amongst movie fans and gamers alike as Raimi seemed like a bold, exciting choice for the project which promised to rival the scope of films such as The Lord of the Rings Trilogy. And then, with the wave of a wizard’s staff, Raimi was off the project. While World Of Warcraft is now getting back on track with Duncan Jones (Source Code) in the director’s chair, we never quite knew what was the cause behind Raimi’s departure.

Until today that is. Hit the jump for the full story, including further details on why he also left Spider-Man 4, and what he thinks of Marvel’s wonder boy, Joss Whedon.

Speaking to Vulture about Raimi’s latest film, Oz The Great and Powerful, the director had this to say about his experience on WoW:

You’re no longer attached to the World of Warcraft movie, and now Duncan Jones is making it.

I loved his movie Moon, and I think he’s a strikingly talented director. I bet that if anyone can do a great job with it, it’s him.

What was the biggest obstacle on that project?

Robert Rodat was working on the script, and it was taking a long time. I think they were getting a little antsy at Legendary, the production company. Actually, what happened was even more complicated, so let me go back a little bit. First, they asked me if I wanted to make it, and I said, “Yes, I love World of Warcraft, and I think it would make a great picture.” So I read a screenplay they had that was written by the guys at [Warcraft developer] Blizzard, and it didn’t quite work for me. I told them I wanted to make my own original story with Robert, so we pitched it to Legendary and they accepted it, and then we pitched it to Blizzard, and they had reservations, but they accepted it. Then Robert wrote the screenplay, and only once he was done did we realize that Blizzard had veto power, and we didn’t know that. And they had never quite approved the original story we pitched them. Those reservations were their way of saying, “We don’t approve this story, and we want to go a different way,” so after we had spent nine months working on this thing, we basically had to start over. And Robert did start over, but it was taking too long for the people at Blizzard, and their patience ran out. Honestly, I think it was mismanagement on their behalf, not to explain to us that the first story was vetoed long ago. Why did they let us keep working on it? Were they afraid to tell me??

With Blizzard’s own Chris Metzen over seeing story, this is not surprising to hear. Also, interesting to note is Raimi’s further thoughts on leaving the Spider-Man franchise:

“I hope enough time has passed that you feel comfortable talking about Spider-Man 4, which was in preproduction and began casting but fell apart before shooting began. What happened there?
It really was the most amicable and undramatic of breakups: It was simply that we had a deadline and I couldn’t get the story to work on a level that I wanted it to work. I was very unhappy with Spider-Man 3, and I wanted to make Spider-Man 4 to end on a very high note, the best Spider-Man of them all. But I couldn’t get the script together in time, due to my own failings, and I said to Sony, “I don’t want to make a movie that is less than great, so I think we shouldn’t make this picture. Go ahead with your reboot, which you’ve been planning anyway.” And [sony co-chairman] Amy Pascal said, “Thank you. Thank you for not wasting the studio’s money, and I appreciate your candor.” So we left on the best of terms, both of us trying to do the best thing for fans, the good name of Spider-Man, and Sony Studios.”

And for the true, old-school Raimi fans out there, here’s a moment where he touches base on meeting Joss Whedon, who came in for some clean-up work on his 1994 western The Quick and the Dead:

“Joss Whedon is an extraordinarily talented filmmaker … and in fact, in 1994, I was making a western called The Quick and the Dead and having a script problem, and I came to the studio and said, “Can you find me a writer? I’ve shot this movie, and the end isn’t quite working.” And ultimately, the movie didn’t quite work. But they suggested Joss Whedon, who was doing Buffy, so I met Joss and he saw the movie, and he helped me solve this ending in one afternoon. I thought, Damn, you’re a good writer! I wish I could have had you rewrite the whole movie and save this picture! But I’ll never forget how good he was, and how precise, so when I saw The Avengers, I was not surprised that his name was on it. It’s a very hard job to take all those heroes and all those stories and know exactly what bits the audience needs and what they don’t need.” 

Quelle: http://collider.com/spider-man-4-world-of-warcraft-sam-raimi/

Disney will mehr Oz... ;)

Oz The Great And Powerful might only be hitting UK cinemas today, but Disney have already commissioned work to begin on a sequel to Sam Raimi's affectionate prequel.

Variety reports that the studio commissioned writer Mitchell Kapner to begin work on a script for a sequel several months ago, indicating that they're fairly confident that they have a hit on their hands.

The new film certainly leaves things open for future adventures, although just what direction a potential sequel would take remains to be seen. 

Having laid out a whopping $200m budget on the first movie, Disney would obviously want to see a decent return at the box office before pressing on with a second, but it does seem as though the pieces are all in place…

Directed by Sam Raimi and starring James Franco, Mila Kunis, Michelle Williams and Rachel Weisz, Oz The Great And Powerful is in UK cinemas now.

Kevin Smith hat gerade auf Facebook verraten, dass es einen dritten Teil von "Clerks" geben wird..

post-3533-0-23803300-1362757768.jpg

THE BEGINNING OF THE END
20 years ago today, we started shooting CLERKS.
20 years later, with no plan or provocation, I jumped out of bed at 4:20 this morning and started writing CLERKS III.
It's been like hanging out with old friends.
And after 2 hours of tapping the keys and giggling, I have come to a conclusion...
CLERKS III will be the best film I'll ever make.

Quelle: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151279507581930&set=a.77596326929.88348.6985046929&type=1

Nolans neuer Film hat einen Start Termin:

Paramount Pictures and Warner Bros. Pictures jointly announced today that writer/director Christopher Nolan's Interstellar will be co-produced and distributed by the two studios, with Paramount Pictures handling Domestic distribution and Warner Bros. Pictures distributing the film Internationally. Interstellar will be released beginning November 7, 2014, in theaters and IMAX.

Directed and written by Academy Award-nominee Nolan (Inception, The Dark Knight Rises), Interstellar is based on a script by Jonathan Nolan. The film will be produced by Emma Thomas and Christopher Nolan of Syncopy Films and Obst of Lynda Obst Productions. Kip Thorne will executive produce. The film will depict a heroic interstellar voyage to the furthest reaches of our scientific understanding.

Brad Grey, Chairman and CEO of Paramount Pictures said, "As a filmmaker and storyteller, Chris has continuously entertained the world with his extraordinary and unparalleled talents. I am pleased beyond measure to welcome him to the Paramount Pictures family. Partnering with Chris, Emma, Lynda and Warner Bros. to release this original idea next November is the perfect way to start the Thanksgiving and holiday movie season for audiences around the world."

Jeff Robinov, President, Warner Bros. Pictures Group, said, "Christopher Nolan is truly one of the great auteurs working in film today, and we're extremely proud of our successful and ongoing collaboration with him and Emma Thomas. We are excited to be teaming with Paramount, and look forward to working with the Nolans, and producer Lynda Obst, on this extraordinary new project."

Es geht beim Poltergeist-Remake voran.. nun wurde endlich ein Regisseur gefunden.. naja endlich für diejenigen, die sich das Remake anschauen, obwohl es schon ein grandioses Original gibt...

In letzter Zeit wurde es etwas ruhig um Poltergeist, dem Remake des gleichnamigen Klassikers von Blutgericht in Texas -Regisseur Tobe Hooper. Sicherlich hofften einige Fans heimlich, dass das Projekt in Vergessenheit geraten ist und niemals das Licht der Welt erblicken wird. Dem ist jedoch nicht so. Wie Deadline berichtet, wurde nämlich endlich ein Regisseur für die Neuauflage gefunden. Entgegen vorangegangenen Gerüchten wird es definitiv nicht Sam Raimi sein, der jedoch immer noch den Posten als Produzent innehalten wird.

Stattdessen fiel die Wahl auf den vergleichsweise unerfahrenen Gil Kenan. Gil Kenan inszenierte zuvor mehr oder weniger erfolgreich Monster House und City of Ember – Flucht aus der Dunkelheit. Er wird also das Skript von David Lindsay-Abaire, der zuletzt das Drehbuch zu Die fantastische Welt von Oz beisteuerte, auf die große Leinwand bringen. Im Original geht es um eine fünfköpfige Familie, die sozusagen über Nacht von einem Poltergeist aufgesucht wird, der sie nicht mehr in Ruhe zu lassen scheint und ihr Leben mit übernatürlichen Geschehnissen zur Hölle macht.

Die Entscheidung lässt einige Fans etwas ratlos zurück, schließlich ist Gil Kenan nicht unbedingt jemand, der für beklemmende Horrorfilme bekannt ist. Allerdings gab es die selben Zweifel auch, als sich Sam Raimi bei Evil Dead für Regisseur Fede Alvarez entschieden hat und nun gehört das Tanz der Teufel -Remake zu den meistbesprochenden Horrorfilmen seit einer langen Zeit. Insofern können wir durchaus hoffen, dass Sam Raimi auch mit Gil Kenan eine richtige Entscheidung getroffen hat.

Laut Rob Talpert ist der geplante vierte Evil Dead-Teil ein Army of Darkness 2... und es wird schon fleißig am Sequel von Evil Dead-Remake geschrieben. 

No Evil Dead 4…. Army of Darkness 2!

Last night at the post-premiere Q n A for the South by SouthWest Film Festival premiere of Evil Dead, director Fede Alvarez revealed that they're already writing the sequel to the remake, which we're going to dub "Evil Dead 2" until a better title comes along.

But just last week, Sam Raimi revealed that he and his brother Ted are working on a screenplay for an Evil Dead 4, which would presumably follow the further adventures of Bruce Campbell's Ash Williams.

Could they have been talking about the same project or is it possible that sometime in the future we may have competing Evil Dead franchises, both involving Sam Raimi and Bruce Campbell? Not exactly.

According to Raimi's Ghost House Pictures producing partner Rob Talpert, they were never talking about doing an Evil Dead 4 but actually doing a direct sequel to Army of Darkness.

"That would be 'Army of Darkness 2'," Talpert corrected the earlier news story when we talked to him at the movie junket. "Everybody calls it 'Evil Dead 4' but 'Army of Darkness' wasn't called 'Evil Dead' anywhere except by the fans."

And how does Bruce Campbell feel about returning as Ash? At the same Q 'n' A last night, the actor told the audience that he's fine if the younger actors take over the franchise allowing his three movies to stand alone and apart, but if the Raimis are writing a fourth installment of their series, wouldn't that mean it would have to revolve around his character Ash?

"Sam threatens this every six months," he told us during the same interview. "I've heard this a thousand times, because in the back of his mind, he never wants to let go, because he loved making these movies. We all loved making them together. They were a nightmare to make, very difficult, but they lasted the test of time, so he's not going to let that go, and I'm never going to say 'no.' It'll be me and a walker fighting some other old guy. But that's what he does and who knows? It may happen." 

And what about that sequel to Evil Dead, which played like gangbusters at the South by SouthWest Film Festival last night? We asked Jane Levy if she had heard any of the crazy stuff they might do to her in the sequel, which she's already signed on to do.

"They haven't actually, but Shiloh has a secret," she said about her co-star who plays her brother in the upcoming remake. "He knows stuff but I don't, but I'm excited for it."

We'll try to post some of the video from this portion of the interview later on and the rest of it before Evil Dead opens nationwide on April 4.

Laut Rob Talpert ist der geplante vierte Evil Dead-Teil ein Army of Darkness 2... und es wird schon fleißig am Sequel von Evil Dead-Remake geschrieben. 

Sag ich doch, dass ein EVIL DEAD 4 verwirrend wäre...:D...aber der Mann heisst Tapert, nicht Talpert. ;) Er und Raimi kennen sich ja bereits seit Schulzeiten, er produzierte viele Filme und Serien von und mit Raimi, darunter auch "Xena", deren Hauptdarstellerin Lucy Lawless er geheiratet hat.

Sag ich doch, dass ein EVIL DEAD 4 verwirrend wäre... :D...aber der Mann heisst Tapert, nicht Talpert. ;) Er und Raimi kennen sich ja bereits seit Schulzeiten, er produzierte viele Filme und Serien von und mit Raimi, darunter auch "Xena", deren Hauptdarstellerin Lucy Lawless er geheiratet hat.

Wusste ich es doch, dass er Tapert heißt.. aber hab der Seite vertraut .. naja hoffentlich stimmt dann wenigstens der Inhalt der Seite :D;)

Wusste ich es doch, dass er Tapert heißt.. aber hab der Seite vertraut .. naja hoffentlich stimmt dann wenigstens der Inhalt der Seite :D;)

Wenn man bei Google "Rob Talpert" eingibt, sieht man, dass nicht nur diese Seite schlecht recherchiert...:D

Mit Sherlock geht es weiter

Die Produktion der dritten Staffel hat noch gar nicht begonnen und doch gibt es nun sehr gute Nachrichten für alle Freunde von "Sherlock". Benedict Cumberbatch hat nämlich angekündigt, dass es von der preisgekrönten Serie auch eine vierte Staffel geben werde. So werde er nun, für die dritte Staffel, drei Folgen drehen und danach noch einmal weitere drei für eine vierte Staffel. Wie es danach weiter gehe, hänge von den anderen Angeboten der Schauspieler und Autor Steven Moffat ab - Cumberbatch würde aber gerne weitermachen. In der Vergangenheit gab es bereits Bedenken, dass die dritte Staffel zugleich auch die letzte sein werde, weil sowohl Cumberbatch als auch Martin Freeman zu viele andere Verpflichtungen haben, weshalb die Dreharbeiten zur dritten Staffel bereits verschoben werden mussten. Aber auch hier gibt es gute Neuigkeiten. Im Rahmen des "Big Chats" von Graham Norton hat Freeman angekündigt, dass die Dreharbeiten in der kommenden Woche beginnen werden.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/03/13/veronica-mars-movie-kristen-bell-kickstarter/?_r=true

ENDLICH!!!!

Der Bedarf besteht immernoch. sonst wäre das Zieil von 2 Mio Dollar in 30 Tagen nicht in 12 Stunden erreicht worden. (BTW bis zum heutigen Tag gehen Morddrohungen beim Sender ein für das Canceln der Serie)

Hört das denn nie auf:

In news that should surprise precisely no one, Paul W.S. Anderson has been confirmed to be returning to the director’s chair forResident Evil 6.

Ever since Sony revealed that they would be pressing on with another episode in the series, it has seemed unlikely that anyone else would be considered for the gig, and sure enough, Anderson has agreed to return for round six.

Anderson had always said that he would like to complete a second trilogy of the survival horror franchise, and it seems that he will now get his wish, with Milla Jovovich also expected to return in the lead.

No word as yet on title, plot or supporting cast, but it's thought that barring a huge success at the box office, this will likely be the last instalment in the series.

That said, the last film scored $221m globally (from an estimated $65m), proving that the franchise is still commercially viable, so don’t be surprised if we aren’t witnessing the death rattle for zombie-based mayhem just yet…

Resident Evil 6 will open in the US on 12 September 2014

Guilty Pleasures. Insofern könnten sie quantitativ meinetwegen der Bond-Reihe Konkurrenz machen. Sind keine guten Filme, aber sie tun auch niemandem weh. Und Milla in Lack und Latex geht immer. Also meinetwegen her mit den nächsten sechs Teilen.

Leider wird´s von Anderson wohl nie mehr etwas in Richtung Event Horizon geben, schade...

Zuweilen lieber eine Fortsetzung, als ne billige Neuanfang Kopie. Dann weiß man wenigstens, woran man ist und kann eben einschalten oder auch nicht.

Gute Nachricht. Mit Arnold/Prices Score zur ersten Staffel konnte ich auf CD allerdings leider überhaupt nichts anfangen. Vielleicht hat sich das ja fortentwickelt.

Die erste Staffel hört sich auf CD wirklich nicht gerade spannend an. Staffel 2 hat jedoch einige Höhepunkte, wie ich finde. Wenn man sich da musikalisch ungefähr hält oder vielleicht noch ein bisschen steigert, was Erinnerungswürdigkeit betrifft, dann wäre das eine saubere Sache.

Nun wird es mit dem Remake von "Escape from New York" wohl doch noch was.. und das gleich als Trilogie... 

John Carpenter’s 1981 post-apocalyptic thriller Escape from New York is the latest property to get a face-lift.  The original starred Kurt Russell as Snake Plissken, an eye-patching wearing, bank-robbing convict tasked with venturing into the maximum security prison that has become Manhattan in order to rescue the President (Donald Pleasence) and gain his freedom.  A reboot was attempted a few years ago but New Line let the rights lapse.  Now, Joel Silver’s Silver Pictures and Studio Canal are teaming up to bring a new look (and a new face) to the franchise with plans of an origin story and eventual trilogy.  Hit the jump for more.

According to Deadline, Silver is looking to do more than simply rehash the original picture.  The planned trilogy will start with an origin story similar in tone to how Rise of the Planet of the Apes set up the rest of the films.  A search is currently underway for a writer, but there are already a few frontrunners for the leading man.

Back when the project was under reboot consideration, with Neil Moritz producing and Breck Eisner (The Crazies) in line to direct, Gerard Butler, Jeremy Renner and Tom Hardy were all mentioned for the lead.  Since Silver and Studio Canal have previously partnered on Liam Neeson-starrers Unknown and Non-Stop, we can assume that Neeson might very well be under consideration to strap on Snake’s eye-patch.  However, Neeson and Russell are roughly the same age, so it would make sense for a reboot, and especially a trilogy, to go with a younger leading man.  Hardy’s got the edge on youth, but any of these guys would bring an interesting angle to Snake.  
Quelle: http://collider.com/escape-from-new-york-remake-trilogy/

Dein Kommentar

Du kannst jetzt schreiben und Dich später registrieren. Wenn Du ein Konto hast, melde Dich jetzt an, um unter Deinem Benutzernamen zu schreiben.

Gast
Auf dieses Thema antworten...

×   Du hast formatierten Text eingefügt.   Formatierung jetzt entfernen

Nur 75 Emojis sind erlaubt.

×   Dein Link wurde automatisch eingebettet.   Einbetten rückgängig machen und als Link darstellen

×   Dein vorheriger Inhalt wurde wiederhergestellt.   Editor leeren

×   Du kannst Bilder nicht direkt einfügen. Lade Bilder hoch oder lade sie von einer URL.

Teilen

• Neu erstellen...

Wichtige Information

Wir nutzen auf unserer Webseite Cookies, um Ihnen einen optimalen Service zu bieten. Wenn Sie weiter auf unserer Seite surfen, stimmen Sie der Cookie-Verwendung und der Verarbeitung von personenbezogenen Daten über Formulare zu. Zu unserer Datenschutzerklärung: Datenschutzerklärung